Happy Olympics Opening Ceremony Day!
– We were delighted to see The Royal We in this round-up on The Cut of travel essentials. You know I love articles about packing!
– Also at The Cut: Talking to Hillary Clinton’s Hairstylist About Work-Life Balance. Written by Linda Wells, formerly of Allure, FYI.
– This is SO FASCINATING, at Art News: Remembering When Melrose Place Became a Conceptual Art Project. For example: “To be clear: a fictional character’s fake ad agency gives real publicity to a real museum that is exhibiting the real (secret) art that appeared in the fake world of the real show. The art world has come to increasingly pander to popular culture—the shoehorned appearances of various celebrities in museum programming come to mind—but for a brief moment in the late ’90s, high-brow and low-brow media were seamlessly integrated, to such an extent that very few people even noticed.”
–This piece, at The Guardian, is a ROLLER-COASTER, intense and fascinating: The Gucci wife and the hitman: fashion’s darkest tale. “Even before the impromptu ‘confession,’ persuading Reggiani to remain low-key was a lost cause. One of her first acts of freedom was to go shopping on Via Monte Napoleone – Milan’s Bond Street – decked out in gaudy jewels and movie-star sunglasses, with a large pet macaw perched on her shoulder. The paparazzi couldn’t believe their luck. Lady Gucci, as she used to be known, was back.”
– This Town & Country article is really good, and, ultimately, quite melancholy: Who Was Carolyn Bessette Kennedy?
– This Keri Russell/Matthew Rhys interview at The Hollywood Reporter is A DELIGHT. I want to be friends with them.
– Awwww: 14 ‘Cursed Child’ partygoers share their favorite memories of being ‘Harry Potter’ fans (at Revelist). Those youngsters are mostly charming EXCEPT the woman who tried to finish all the books before her friends did, so she could spoil the endings. That’s a friendship dealbreaker! DON’T DO THAT! Also, I’m really old.
– At Elle: Why Is the Term “Latinx” So Important?
– Over at Celebitchy, your weekly Hiddleston. (Do you still care, or has Hiddleswift killed the love?)
– At The New Potato, this interview with Tamron Hall is really good.
– This week’s recipe, courtesy of Good. Food. Stories., is ROSEMARY APRICOT SHORTCAKES YES PLEASE.
– I really enjoyed, at Jezebel: The Grande Dame Who Collects History in One of New York’s Oldest Homes
– Buzzfeed asks the important question: Can You Guess The Olympic Sport By The Athlete’s Butt?
– Finally, in case you missed anything at GFY this week, some highlights:
- FLOTUS choose Brandon Maxwell and Naeem Khan for Singapore’s state visit.
- We discussed Team USA’s outfits for tonight’s Opening Ceremony of the Olympics
- Michelle Dockery is back!
- Mariah had male dancers carry her into her TCA panel and then handed out champs to reporters.
- What is Jared Leto even wearing?
- Hailee Steinfeld looks cute on the cover of Seventeen
- STERLING K BROWN!
- Margot Robbie has a unicorn dress!