How is it already October??? While you reflect on the ever-quickening passage of time, please enjoy the following.
– At Book Riot: 8 Classic Novels Retitled As Clickbait
– Love this chat with the costume designer for Girls, over at Design*Sponge.
– Blake Lively is closing Preserve. Here’s the take on Lainey Gossip.
– This is neat! From Mode, 100 years of wedding gowns in 3 minutes. (You Tube)
– You guys, Keanu is aging SO HANDSOMELY. (Lainey)
– The New York Times did a whole piece on how fashionable Pacey is now.
– OBVIOUSLY you want to read this recent, and dishy, interview with Christine Elise — or, as you may know her, 90210’s Emily Valentine. (Complex)
– And if you enjoyed that, you might want to read this (longform!) piece about Ina Garten at Eater. It’s fascinating and good. (I love Ina; I have literally all of her cookbooks.)
–Pajiba suggests some creepy podcasts for October. (I swear, podcasts are the only way I get any housework done at all.)
– Also at Pajiba: Anne of Green Gables Is a God Damned Fashion Icon. TRUE.
– I hope to master The J Crew Roll on all my sleeves this fall! (College Prepster)
– At Refinery29, I LOVE this piece about the power of the black turtleneck, which is one of my own personal favorite items of clothing.
– Your recipe link for the week is near and dear to my heart. At Camilla Styles, maple molasses donuts. I LOVE YOU DONUTS.
– Did you know that, per Refinery29, You Can Eat A Holiday Feast In The Great Hall At Hogwarts???!?!?!?!?! At least until the Dementors show up and ruin everything.
– This is fascinating, at Lapham’s Quarterly: When Women Ruled Fashion.
– And, at All Things Georgian, a look at Georgian era bling.
– Tim Gunn DOES NOT like Anna Wintour. By the way, the story that he tells about her being carried down stairs, which Anna’s people deny? I heard it far before this all came out, and from a very reliable source. ALSO, the stairs down which she was allegedly carried ARE TERRIFYING so I understand the thought process. You know, kinda. (Celebitchy)