This time next month, Americans, the election will be over! Until then…well, I’m still going to have to write three more of these, but regardless. Here are some hopefully diverting things for you to read.
– Thrillist runs down the thirty best rom-coms of all time! I feel like Broadcast News was robbed and also wonder if Broadcast News was disqualified for not having a sufficiently romantic ending. (I do think that number one choice is a VERY STRONG one, though. I cannot argue with it.)
– Look at all these cute patterned boots! (The New Potato)
– So pretty, at Insider: The most incredible microscope images of 2016 reveal a beautiful, hidden universe.
– The Atlantic looks at How Friday Night Lights Democratized TV Drama
– At Esquire: Bryan Cranston Was Briefly Suspected of Murdering His Nemesis. I mean….we’ve all been there.
– Pajiba published a VERY BRAVE piece: In Defense of Candy Corn
– Here’s your recipe for the week, thanks to Camille Styles: “Kitchen Sink” Halloween Chocolate Bark
– BrollyStick CanvasBag got a haircut! (Celebitchy)
– Matthew McConaughey looks bonkers in the trailer for his new movie. (Lainey)
– This is so great, at Atlas Obscura: Inside the New York Public Library’s Last, Secret Apartments
– At Design*Sponge: 11 New Fall TV Shows with Great Sets
And, if you missed anything at GFY this week, some highlights:
- What we’re all reading now!
- What’s up with Ben Affleck?
- Check out Elle’s Women in Hollywood covers!
- Catch up with everything that’s happening on various International Vogues
- Let’s admire the latest from FLOTUS.
- Coats! Coats! Coats!
- Bella Thorne forgot her pants.
- I had notes about Goop’s new Harper’s Bazaar cover
- Celebs are still going to the airport.