Congrats, Cubs fans. You’ve waited a long time for this.
– At Deadspin, a tearjerker: This One’s For All The Cubs Fans Who Didn’t Live Long Enough To See It
– But some of them did. Look at this round-up of joyous old Cubs fans! Yes, I cried at this one, too. [SB Nation]
– At Lainey, a VERY interesting piece about Leah Remini’s Scientology documentary. I read her book about Scientology and found it really compelling; I’m interested in the series as well.
– At The Cut, this is so so interesting: Hermès’s First Female Perfumer Talks About Breaking Into the Male-Dominated Fragrance World
– Related: I REALLY want some of these glorious beauty-related advent calendars, which is possibly number one on list of things I DO NOT NEED. (Girls of a Certain Age)
– Via Celebitchy, this deadline really made me laugh and I don’t know why: Kendall Jenner spent $52K on an absolutely insane couch: would you sit on it? SURE! I wouldn’t buy it, but I will happily sit on someone else’s deeply expensive, totally wacked out sofa.
– Speaking of furniture, did you know that Terry Crews has his own line of furniture and lamps? HE CAN DO EVERYTHING. (The Hollywood Reporter)
– At Hyperallergic, a really interesting piece on how — and I quote – Dutch Wax Fabrics Became a Mainstay of African Fashion. This is tied to an exhibit at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, which looks extremely beautiful. Go see it and report back, Fug Nation Philadelphia!
– This is from earlier in the year, but new to me and I think you’ll like it. At Stylist: Expanding our emotional lexicon: the heartwarming foreign words that have no direct English translation.
– Funny, at Fushion: Why I’m leaving Westworld
– At the New Potato, oh so many cocktail recipes.
And, in case you missed anything here at GFY this week, some highlights:
– We covered the heck out of the CMAs. Catch up on anything you might have missed here.
– We discussed our best self-care tips and tricks.
– And covered EVERYONE ELSE’S costumes here!