Phew! We made it through another week. Please enjoy the following:
– Oh my god, I need this tutorial on how to apply false lashes. I can NEVER get them on my face correctly, but I LOVE how they look. [Into The Gloss]
– At Lainey: Johnny Depp is fully bonkers, apparently.
– Related, at Pajiba: Please Can We Not with Johnny Depp Anymore?
– Also at Lainey, this coverage of the Nikki Reed/Ian Somerhalder pregnancy announcement made me chuckle. It really has everything.
– At The Observer: Taking Style Inspiration From the Many Disguises of ‘The Americans’
– The New Yorker wonders WHY J. CREW’S VISION OF PREPPY AMERICA FAILED. Wow. That cut and paste of their headline came though in all caps. Normally, I’d change it, but it kinda makes me laugh like this. So aggressive!
– At Maclean’s: What do you do when your wife starts talking to the devil?
– Red Lobster is making a CHEDDAR BISCUIT LIP BALM. [Teen Vogue]
– Via Celebitchy: Aw! Laura Benanti has a new baby! (And she’s being very honest about how hard it is to have a newborn.) Mazel, kids.
– This was a great essay at Buzzfeed: How I Learned To Live With A Chronic Skin Condition
– The ladies at Revelist actually tried Fabletics. It…did not go well.
– I don’t know why, but I am obsessed with reading about secret menu items at fast food chains. This is Taco Bell’s! [Refinery29]
– Also at Refinery29, a very candid interview with Chrissy Teigen. (She got armpit lipo and her quote about it is pretty funny: “It made me feel better in dresses; I felt more confident. It was the dumbest, stupidest thing I’ve ever done. The dumbest, but I like it, whatever. I have no regrets, honestly.”)
– Page Six is reporting that Met donors are PISSED that celebs were smoking in the museum during the Met Gala and so am I. You spoiled selfish babies, that building is full of literally priceless and irreplaceable pieces that will be hugely damaged by smoke. Go outside for ten minutes! (I will note that the best part of that bathroom selfie, however, is Brie Larson who is like OH MY GOD HELP ME, and who has said that she literally was just in there because she had to pee.)
– Related, Town & Country wonders: Is it Time to Say Bye-Bye to the Black Tie Charity Ball?
– This. Is. Amazing: Someone Has Turned Every Song on Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band Into a Star Wars Parody [Gizmodo]
– Also amazing, at Racked: What a Physicist Sees When She Looks at a Fancy Gown
– And finally, Justin Bieber’s (alleged) tour rider is a hoot. It makes me feel like it’s 2007 all over again. [The A/V Club]