Happy Friday! Quick question: if you have an e-book of The Royal We, that is NOT via iBooks, and you do not live in the United States or Canada, has your version of the book updated with the new bonus chapter? Please let us know in the comments (what version you are using [Kindle, Nook, Kobo] and where you live — just the country). We are trying to track down some issues, but, obviously, I don’t know how foreign versions are working since I can’t test one out myself! Thank you very much. (If you have an American or Canadian version, your e-book should have updated — other than iBooks, which should be updated by Thursday and which I am very, very sorry has been so delayed. [If you have a Kindle, and yours hasn’t updated, make sure you have Automatic Updates turned on. That’s on Amazon itself, under “Manage Settings,” and “Devices.” The chapter is at the very end, after the acknowledgements.])
While I’m on the topic, though, if you have a Nook, and you haven’t bought The Royal We yet, it’s one of Barnes & Nobles Summer Reads, and if you buy it now, they’re giving you six free issues of Travel & Leisure. Yay for a deal!
With all of that out of the way, please enjoy the following:
– At Lainey, OSCAR ISAAC HOTNESS.
– At Smithsonian, this is FASCINATING: A Secret Tunnel Found in Mexico May Finally Solve the Mysteries of Teotihuacán
– Jane the Virgin fans, of which there are many in Fug Nation (including myself), will be interested in this interview with its showrunner, at Vulture. Don’t read if you haven’t seen the finale yet.
– Over at Pajiba: Did you hear that John Boyega might be in Black Panther, along with Lupita, and Michael B Jordan and Chadwick Boseman? I was already in but if this comes to pass I will be EVEN MORE IN.
– At Good. Food. Stories., important work is being done: What to Eat While Day Drinking
– Even just this headline makes me laugh, at Racked: This Season’s Bachelorette Contestants, Ranked By Shirt Terribleness. Ugh, I might have gotten sucked back into The Bachelorette just reading this.
– At Celebitchy: Yay, Rory and Pete Campbell had a baby!
– You will love this, at FTW: Tim Gunn rekindled his love for teaching by becoming the oldest student at the fencing school
–There was a Teen Witch reunion! (Hello, Giggles)
– And in case you missed it here at GFY this week, some highlights:
- Kirsten Dunst looked fab this entire week at Cannes.
- Honestly, so has K. Stew.
- SO. MANY. UPFRONTS. HAPPENED.
- FLOTUS and POTUS hosted a state dinner; people looked great
- We had another installment of Celebs Wear Stuff to the Airport
- Mischa Barton might be back?!?!?
- We ogled Nathan Adrian
- Araya A Hargate might have won Cannes.