This week went so quickly! I needed another day to get all my stuff done, I feel like. Maybe I just need a clone. While we consider the usefulness of clones, please enjoy the following:
– Per Smithsonian, Mr. Darcy’s Wet Shirt is Coming to the United States. FIELD TRIP!
–I’m obsessed with this look at how people are still playing chess by mail, over at Atlas Obscura. (Don’t you feel like you’ve read a variety of books over the years where SOMEONE is playing chess by mail?) It is fascinating.
– Over at All Things Georgian, a look at the big hair of the 70s. The 1770s.
– I am very perplexed by the fact that Selma Blair is apparently dating David Foster now? (Lainey)
– People brings us a look at every wedding gown on Downton Abbey.
– At Collectors Weekly, an interesting look indeed at the history of perfume.
– Buzzfeed brings us 24 of Whitley Gilbert’s most iconic lines. I cannot tell you how much I loved Whitley Gilbert when I was a girl. VERY much. The outfits in these screengrabs are also AMAZING. WHAT IS DWAYNE WAYNE EVEN WEARING. (I love you, Dwayne.)
– Bless our friend Sally Holmes at Elle, who wore a whole post that’s just hot dudes in shorts. YOU UNDERSTAND ME, SALLY.
– At Pajiba: Not Your Korean Sidekick: The Frustrating Career of John Cho. I personally want more John Cho in everything, always.
– This is an interesting interview at The New Potato with astrologer Susan Miller, although I…have notes on some of what she says.
– This is interesting but ultimately really sad and concerning: The Washington Post caught up with US figure-skater Debi Thomas, and things have not gone well for her. (I LOVED Debi Thomas. I was so nervous when she skated at the Olympics that I literally had to leave the room. I went upstairs and paced around my bedroom.)
– At Celebitchy: Helen Mirren is the best.
– You KNOW I love luggage. Girls of a Certain Age looks at the elusive stylish rolling bag.
–And here at GFY, in case you missed it, a selection of posts you might want to read:
- Look at all these fab international Vogues!
- Fan/celebrity interactions at this Paris fashion week have gotten out of control. Everyone needs to get a grip.
- I’m fully in love with Chris Darden. Find out why in our latest recap of The People vs OJ Simpson.
- We recapped the LAST EPISODE OF DOWNTON EVER. Sob!
- A LOT of Fug Nationals have had personal interactions with John Goodman and they are literally ALL nice. One made me cry.
- Balmain went full Kardashian at this current Paris Fashion Week. Sigh.
- And Valentino went full Mara.
- We bid farewell to Agent Carter.
- And looked at Rihanna’s new shoe collection with Manolo Blahnik.
- …picked out some Diors for J Law, with a heavy heart.
- And announced Fug Nation’s Best and Worst of the Oscars.
Finally, a gentle reminder that the paperback of The Royal We will be released in about six weeks. Order it now, and it will just ARRIVE at your door!