Happy New Year, Fug Nation! Guess what’s on Sunday? The Golden freaking Globes. Please join us on Twitter to live-tweet the red carpet, and, of course, here on GFY for full and complete coverage. (Don’t worry; The Downton recap will still go up in a timely fashion.)
– In honor of, over at The Decider, Joe Reid runs down some of the Globes’s best OMG moments.
– I love The Toast: The Order In Which I Would Have Murdered the “And Then There Were None” Guests (this is tied to the recent BBC adaptation thereof, so if you haven’t read the book and don’t want to know what happens, caveat emptor.)
– Also great at The Toast: What Goes Through Your Mind: On Nice Parties and Casual Racism
– I linked to this earlier in the week, but if you haven’t read it, you must: Ryan Coogler on ‘Creed,’ Filmmaking as Journalism and the Need for Female Voices (Variety)
– This was a VERY interesting post on Lainey about Katie Holmes, post-Cruise.
– The AstroTwins, who I love, give us our yearly horoscope at The New Potato. Apparently, my big fat mouth is going to get me in big trouble this year. That seems…possible.
– This was from over the break, but too good to miss, at the New York Times: The Real Housewife of New York (Who Happens to Be a Poker Star)
– Also at the NYT, these interviews with people lunching at the Four Seasons — about their outfits — are great.
– The V&A would like you to design a wig.
– This is great, at Gizmodo: Young People Used These Absurd Little Cards to Get Laid in the 19th Century
– At Elle, this is moving and chilling and very good: I Confronted the Doctor Who Missed My Cancer
– Medievalists.net ask…Which Marauding Barbarian Horde Are You? (I am a Mongol, under Genghis Khan, which I feel like is a very prestigious horde.)
– At The Frisky: Victory! Rey Will Be Added To The Star Wars Monopoly Game. I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE WASN’T IN THERE TO BEGIN WITH.
– Our friend Amina Akhtar wrote a great piece for Refinery29 this week: It Took My Mom’s Illness To Wake Me Up From My Fashion-Girl Dream
– Over at Pajiba, did you know that Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell are having a baby?
– Did we know that GOOP had a new cookbook coming out? (I shall buy it. Say what you will about Gwyneth, the green goddess dressing in It’s All Good is MY JAM.) (Lainey)
– Here’s your weekly Hiddleston. (Celebitchy)
– At Cosmo: 31 Crazy-Strict Uniform and Grooming Standards Flight Attendants Have to Deal With. They are SPECIFIC.
– Over at The Hollywood Gossip, I must admit I TOO wondered if Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki are back together. She denies it…BUT THEY DENIED THEIR ENTIRE RELATIONSHIP. I am really ‘shipping this and I don’t even know why.
– And, finally: 10 Objects Around Your House That Are Actually Just Tilda Swinton Getting Lost in a Role.