IT’S THE WEEKEND! I have to get my Christmas tree, you guys. And make a list of stuff. Several lists. Hope your weekend is full of delights.
– Big thanks to Cosmo for naming The Royal We one of its Fifteen Best Books of the Year!
– I’m sure you want to read this, at the New York Times: A Night Out With Solange Knowles at Art Basel
– I’m really sad I didn’t see Justin Timberlake at the Grove, because what is he wearing?!? (Lainey)
– It’s the most wonderful time of the year. It’s time for The 2015 Hater’s Guide To The Williams-Sonoma Catalog. And it is, as ever, a brilliant work of genius. To wit: “Behold hand-crafted teacups, and copper mugs filled with hot mulled wine, and very tiny candies with even tinier bits of candies sprinkled upon them, and jolly wreaths, and big hunks of imported bleu cheese that will help distract EVERYONE from the fact that Mumsy and Dudsy are still waiting for their divorce papers to finalize! You’ll gather round the hearth and drink fizzy punch while a gaggle of homeless orphans stand outside your window in the freezing cold … staring. LONGING. Aching to be taken in so that they might know the touch of your jingle-bell napkin rings.”(Deadspin)
– I love this very angry review of Joy, which does look bad. I love you, Jennifer Lawrence, but maybe take a break from working with David O Russell for a little bit. (Pajiba)
– Over at The New Potato, in News You Can Use: How To Avoid a Hangover. SEASONAL!
– Can we interest you in some candy cane-coated caramelized white chocolate pretzels? (Good. Food. Stories.)
– At The Toast, Charlotte Brontë’s Most Inexplicable Denominational Burns. Ahem: “She was so judgmental, and there are few things I love more than a judgmental prude who is too dead to disapprove of me personally.” INDEED. I’ll see you in hell, Brontë!
– Speaking of, the BBC has chosen the 100 Greatest British Novels.
– This huge back tattoo on Bffleck is fake…right?? Rumor currently has it that it’s real, but…that seems like…a lot. (Lainey)
– The Downton Abbey stars performing DA scenes with American accents is jarring! And pretty funny — Lady Mary sounds like a total Valley girl and I laughed out loud at Branson. (The Hollywood Gossip)
– I can leave this right here: Chris and Liam Hemsworth bring cheeky sibling rivalry to Instagram (Celebitchy)
– This is interesting, at Grub Street: Meet the Kleptogastromaniacs, Customers Hooked on High-End-Food Theft