Don’t forget to pay your taxes, Americans!
– This is a super piece at Vox about the making of The Americans in which the reporter, Caroline Framke, shadowed the creative team for five months.
– This piece in the Tampa Bay Times about the lies of so-called farm-to-table is really compelling.
– This is a wonderful piece at Refinery 29: The Ugly Reality Of Quitting Your Job & Moving To Paradise
– Tessa Thompson has been cast in the new Thor, which is awesome news. (Lainey)
– Kind of thematically in keeping with Wills and Kate’s current tour, I enjoyed this at Design*Sponge: 10 Indian Ceramic Brands
– This is a lovely New York Times piece celebrating Beverly Cleary’s 100th birthday! May she have 100 years more.
– Kiki Dunst and Country Strong have broken up, which saddens me, because they were cute together and — obviously — I only want Kirsten to be happy. I don’t know what happened, but Team Dunst. (Celebitchy)
– Potato pizza? YES PLEASE. (Smitten Kitchen)
– In which we learn that Anna Wintour has seated Idris Elba right next to her at the upcoming Met Ball, because she is human after all. (Fashionista)
– I’m simply going to quote this Gawker article: This Argument in British Parliament Is Just Extremely Good Shit
– Thrillist has ranked all the Real Housewives, and I have NOTES. For one thing, there is WAY too much Miami on this list! NO Miami Housewife should be ranked above Alex McCord! I also — why I do understand the reasoning — do not like the #1 ranking, because I haaaaate her.
– Did you hear that AMC is considering allowed texting in movie theatres? I AM OUT. (Pajiba)
And, here at GFY, in case you missed it, some highlights:
- Complete coverage of Wills and Kate’s tour of India and Bhutan!
- We are now recapping Outlander!
- Speaking of, here’s Sam Heughan in a kilt!
- Lilo is BACK.
- Lupita and Danai looked FANTASTIC.
- But Hailee Steinfeld…oh, god. I can’t even talk about it.
- The poster for Mother’s Day is TERRIBLE.
- Here are the many dudes of Game of Thrones
- And the dudes of the MTV Movie Awards
- THANK GOD Hayden is back on Nashville