First of all! The Royal We is currently a mere $3.99 on Kindle and YOU NEED IT if you haven’t read it yet. You just do. We only want your happiness. Second: Kate and the Boys have a variety of events on their schedule for this upcoming week, which is exciting. Heather and I are at Fashion Week right now, so our updates might be SOMEWHAT pokier than usual, but I’m going to do my best to bring them to you in as timely a fashion as possible. Third! This post includes puppies! An outfit on Maxima that literally caused me to scream! A look inside Her Majesty’s Purse! And two TWO visits to a cheese factory!
Earlier this week, we saluted many of QE2’s Noteworthy Hats of the Recent Past. (As I asked there, I’m going to repeat here a request not to get into a political debate about the monarchy, just as I would ask you to avoid a political debate were this a post about Michelle Obama, for example. I very much appreciate it; thank you.)
– LOADS of coverage of QE2 passing Queen Vic to become Great Britain’s longest reigning monarch. For example, Maclean’s examines all of her broaches.
– The Telegraph takes a LONG look at her fashion over the years. Some of the hats are TERRIBLE.
– Also at The Telegraph, these rare pics of QE2 are interesting.
– At Conde Nast, How to Travel Like Queen Elizabeth
– At Buzzfeed: 15 Insane Confessions Of A Buckingham Palace Guard
– RUMOR HAS IT that Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy saw one another whilst he’s been in Africa and might maybe could be possibly getting back together. !!!!! LET’S DISCUSS. (People)
– ALSO, Harry’s popped up in a new video extolling the virtues of rugby. (The Duchess Diary)
– People also has more details on the 47-Mile Swedish Swim-Run Pipples and the Marshmallow King did over the weekend. That is HARD.
– At The Duchess Diary: Royal Biographers Pay Tribute To Queen Elizabeth On Her Historical Milestone. It’s juicy!
– Beatrice Borromeo is currently on the cover of Vogue Italia. (Royalista)
– As ever, HRH Duchess Kate has an excellent look at goings-on with Wills and Kate this week, and more details on their many upcoming shenanigans through the end of the year. (As far as we know. It’s all vague right now. But you know. Stuff Will Happen.)
– Kate also ALLEGEDLY received The Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II this week. Everyone wants a wee tiny painting of a lady to pin to her personage during fancy events! (Hello!)