First off, in case you missed it, we had some Prince Harry earlier this week, although this slideshow ALSO has EVEN MORE Prince Harry for you. It also brings you HATS and TIARAS and SHEEP and SANDWICHES and WEIRD STATUES HUGGING.
Elsewhere of interest, can I direct you to the following?
- At said Victoria/George’s Cross event, Prince Harry met (as one of you pointed out in the comments) the man who got shot three times during Princess Anne’s kidnapping attempt in the 70s — which is quite a story in and of itself. (The Express)
- Vanity Fair says that one of Kate’s personal assistants has taken over styling her, hence the slightly saucier looks of late. Katie Nicholl writes, “The Duchess, who is around 14-weeks pregnant with her second baby, wants to be seen as on-trend and fashion forward, and doesn’t want to look older than her age.” WE’LL BE THE JUDGE OF THAT, KATE. (Hat tip to our friends at What Kate Wore to tipping us off to this particular info.)
- You definitely want to see snaps of the state banquet celebrating W-A and Maxima’s trip to Japan. There are gowns and tiaras! (Hello!)
- Also at Hello! Princess Madeleine shared a photo of her new baby, Leonore, at a pumpkin patch, if you like babies and/or pumpkins.
- This Vanity Fair article is old — from 2011 — and you may have seen it already, as it was linked in the comments last week. But if you didn’t, it’s FASCINATING and juicy, all about Blenheim Palace and the Duke of Marlborough (who died last week, hence the discussion).
- Full disclosure: I am about to link to the Daily Mail (I know). But you will want, at the very least, to see these photos of Princess Margaret (and others) in Dior (and also the aforementioned Blenheim Palace again) in this article about the 1954 Dior fashion show.
- The Royal Digest took a look at Oscar de la Renta and the royals, including some GREAT ensembles of Crown Princess Mary’s.
- Our friends at The Duchess Diary talks tartans. I LOVE tartan. (I may have bought a Black Watch dress on Boden simply because it reminded me of that McQueen Coat of Kate’s and I don’t regret it, because it’s super cute.)
- We have new details about the upcoming Swedish royal wedding! (It’s set for June, the same day at Trooping the Color, which means…I guess I’m working that day. Also: who will the Brits send? QUESTIONS! Our friends at TCJ predict it will be Sophie and Edward, which I agree with.) It’s all VERY interesting. (The Court Jeweller)
- This is also very interesting indeed. Let me tease you with the lede of this piece: “Last January I stepped down from my position as a scribe and illuminator to Her Majesty the Queen to focus completely on my fine art. Before I close that particular portfolio I thought it would be a good idea to talk a little about the work I did for those here, who may not be familiar with this particular art associated with the Crown.” It’s totally fascinating. (Royal Central)
[Photos: Splash Photos, Getty Images, ORU YAMANAKA/AFP/Getty Images, KAZUHIRO NOGI/AFP/Getty Images, Michel Porro/Getty Images, Mark Renders/Getty Images, Anthony Devlin/PA Pool, John Stillwell/PA Wire, Joe Giddens/PA Wire]