What a week! I don’t mean in terms of the royals — although they also had a lot going on this week! — but in terms of the fact that I feel like I had A LOT to do this week. Am I the only one?
ANYWAY! In case you missed it, Meghan had her first engagement with the Queen at Commonwealth Day; Wills and Kate are going up to hand out the traditional shamrocks on Saturday and I am going to cover it if I can (my computer needs a new battery so cross your fingers I won’t be spending all of Saturday at the Apple store). I mean, I can, and I will write about it, but IDEALLY I’ll get to it tomorrow rather than Monday.
We also did a piece on tiny handled structured bags, the likes of which Meghan enjoys — and, FYI, the nice people at Strathberry just informed me that a bunch of them ARE back in stock, like that VERY CUTE red one that I linked to originally. (I also just saw that they have one with a chevron on it, that is ADORABLE.) A word to the purse-wise.
Elsewhere on the internet:
– At Marie Claire, this is SO LOGISTICALLY (and otherwise) INTERESTING: Inside the Wild Life of a Royal Correspondent. To wit: “[Richard] Palmer has been a first-hand witness to how the Windsors process these massive invasions of privacy: “When we went on a tour to the South Pacific, the story broke that a French magazine had run topless pictures of Kate. To be on the scene and to see their faces…William’s face like thunder, and Kate—even though she was the person at the heart of it all—putting on a brave face and telling him in the car to keep smiling…that was pretty intense.”‘ I think you’ll really enjoy this piece.
– Lainey reported that Harry and Meghan spent Mother’s Day — AKA Mothering Sunday, in the UK — with the Queen. (The Brits celebrate Mother’s Day on a different day than Americans do, so Meghan can fete her own mother in May.) Obviously, it is only right to spend it with his Granny! She’s in her 90s! I also agree with Lainey that this is a good sign for Queen/Meghan relations.
– Over the Moon has a fun bit of Meghan Markle/Kate Middleton fiction.
– Pertinent, at Town & Country: What Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Guests Need to Know About Royal Wedding Protocol
– This is dramatic and interesting on multiple levels: U.S. officials: Saudi crown prince has hidden his mother from his father, the king. [NBC News]
And, on social:
LOOK AT THIS PUPPY: