Lots to cover this week here at GFY. BUT FIRST! Big news: We are taking The Royal We on the road:
We will be in New York City at Book Culture on Tuesday, April 7th, at 7pm. For more information, and to RSVP (not required, but helpful for the book store and us!) please go here.
We will be in Washington, DC at Kramerbooks on Thursday, April 9th, at 6:30pm. For more information, and to RSVP (again, not required, but helpful for the book store and us!) please go here.
We will doing readings/Q&A/signings at both and WE CANNOT WAIT TO MEET YOU. As always, this information also lives on our Events Page, and you can ALWAYS ask us what’s up on Twitter/Facebook/email/here. We will have a couple more events to announce in the forthcoming weeks, as well, so please stay tuned! I also feel like this crowd in particular will be pleased to know that I am considering wearing my White Zimmerman Kate Dress to one of these events. It just feels RIGHT.
Earlier this week at GFY, we had LOADS of Kate and a dash of Wills and some other people, namely:
– Wills and Kate popped out to Commonwealth Day at Westminster Abbey (or, as they call themselves on Twitter [I am not kidding], Wabbey) and we weren’t super into her outfit. In fact, I wished she’d worn….
– THE OUTFIT SHE WORE THE VERY NEXT DAY. Apparently, I’m magic now.
– ANNNND also earlier today, Princess Beatrice and Cressy both popped out to the V&A for a spot of McQueen.
- Royals Central examines “the royal babies” — not, like, actual LITERAL babies, but the babies of a variety of royal families.
- At the Court Jeweller, this look back at the York Diamond Demi-Parure is AWESOME. It has everything! Jewels! Robbery! MURDER!
- Queen Mathilde wore a VERY dramatic veil to meet the Pope. (Order of Splendor)
- The Daily Beast has crunched the numbers, and they think Baby Cambridge Part Deux will be born at the very end of the month.
- People says Kate’s been shopping for baby girl clothes, BUT: I don’t think THEY even know (or so they’ve said, and I think I’d keep it a secret to, if only to not accidentally spill), and it’s also possible that Kate has a friend who has recently had or is having a girl, so. THAT SAID, I personally DO think it’s a girl this time. Based on absolutely nothing, but still.
- This is great, from Jezebel: Queen Elizabeth Is the Original Vintage-Frump-Chic Style Icon
- Queen Rania is in Morocco — no pics available to me or I’d have brought them to you directly — and you definitely want to see the gold caftan Lalla Salma is wearing for the occasion.
- Max Foster on CNN did a whole big interview with Chaz, and the Behind-The-Scenes bit is quite interesting. Charles is VERY GLEN PLAID-Y in it. (CNN)
[Photos: Getty, INF, Splash, Fame/Flynet]