Are you ready for some coats? For some Legos? For a tiara, and a fur turban? (Not at the same time.) I am here for you.
No other royals coverage on GFY this week BUT Wills and Kate arrive in New York on Sunday night and we will be ON IT, so next week should be fun.
- This week marks Mathilde and Phillipe’s fifteenth wedding anniversary, and The Court Jeweller takes a look back. They both look VERY MUCH YOUNGER, which I guess is…how time works.
- Us Weekly has an excerpt from Majesty magazine, in which Prince Harry talks about those Vegas pictures. (I cannot believe Harry gave an interview to Majesty, so I’m interested to know the actual provenance of his quotes). I’d like to thank everyone involved for running the portrait of Harry that they did. It is…compelling.
- Speaking of, at Vanity Fair, Prince Harry’s Wild Weekend of Hookah and Twerking May Send Him Back Up in The Air
- What Kate Wore has a great post about possible opportunities to see Wills and Kate (like, from the peanut gallery) while they’re in NYC this weekend.
- Hello! brings us “8 Secrets of How The Royals Travel.” William’s luggage is nice. This reminds me of when we were at Windsor Castle last year on our research trip, we took a tour of the royal kitchens (fascinating) and when they were bringing us back through one of the hallways, there was a bunch of luggage sitting there. And the tour guide was like, “ooh, this probably isn’t supposed to be here.” It was the Queen’s luggage. You could tell because her trunk said THE QUEEN on it.
- They also bring us Wills and Kate’s Christmas plans.
- People has a very interesting piece about all the members of W&K entourage for trips like the New York one. I love behind the scenes stuff like that.
- Over at Royals Central, it’s a very interesting essay about the Royal Coat of Arms from the scribe and illuminator for the Queen’s Crown Office.
- Royal Hats is in the midst of their Year in Hats round-up!
- The Duchess Diary brings us a round-up of the British Royal Family’s holiday Instagram pics. (From the official Monarchy account, which you should follow if you’re reading this, not from, like, Harry’s secret Insta.)
- I assume you’re all been following the DNA DRAMA behind the discovery of Richard III’s bones in the car park. Per the BBC: “Scientists who studied genetic material from remains found in a Leicester car park say the finding might have profound historical implications. Depending on where in the family tree it occurred, it could cast doubt on the Tudor claim to the English throne or, indeed, on Richard’s.” The whole article is SO INTERESTING. My own Plantagenet roots are further up the tree than John of Gaunt, so let me tell you, friends, MY CLAIM TO THE THRONE IS ON!
- Also from the BBC: What’s behind the downfall of Thailand’s Princess Srirasmi? Do tell.
- This is from the Daily Mail (I Know), so…bear that in mind. BUT, it’s juicy: Bust-up at Brideshead: After 58 years in iconic Castle Howard, owner forced out with his chatelaine in stunning coup… by his own brother. As usual, the DMIK has amazing photos of the interior.
[Photos: Getty, Splash, PA Wire]