So many Best Books and Gift Guides! (Speaking of, the Fug Nation gift guide went up this week, and you should check it out, if you haven’t!)
– Best of both worlds! The Los Angeles Times book gift guide is awesome and also REALLY PRETTY.
– I’m just going to share the title of this Collectors Weekly piece: Royalty, Espionage, and Erotica: Secrets of the World’s Tiniest Photographs
– This is also fascinating and well-worth your time, from the New York Times: My Great-Great-Aunt Discovered Francium. And It Killed Her.
– And also in the department of Great Headlines that Say It All, from Grantland: The Weight of Guilt. Death, disgrace, and a handful of knockers: inside the secret world of competitive bass fishing cheaters.
– Check out Slate’s piece on the best Overlooked Books of 2014.
– I hope you like books! Because here’s another round-up, and it’s a biggie. The New York Times’s 100 Notable Books of the Year.
– Entertainment Weekly ran down the most awkward sponsored challenges of Project Runway.
– Elle’s advent calendar is just HOT DUDES.
– Ooh, look at all these pretty vintage engagement rings! (Retroette)
– These photos of America’s malls in 1989 will take you back to junior high, if you’re my age. I can smell the Sbaro’s. (Mashable)
– Here are some Benedict Cumberbatch cupcakes! (People)
– Speaking of enjoyable headlines: Meryl Streep had to use her neighbor Gwyneth Paltrow’s oven on Thanksgiving. You can use my oven any time, Meryl. Not a euphemism. (Celebitchy)
– Miley is really going all out at Art Basel. Those pasties are gonna be a bitch to remove. (Lainey)
– You surely want to see the teaser of Clooney on Downton (Vanity Fair)
– Try the Hipster Business Name Generator! I’m Butter & Capes, which is apt because I love butter AND capes.
– Pajiba tells you what the very WORST Christmas movies on Netflix currently are. One of them stars Daniel Baldwin.