Get ready! We’ve got Harry and haircuts and horse races waiting for you, as the wait for Baby Cambridge Two continues.
As a gentle reminder, The Royal We is currently on sale for $9.99, if you are a reader of e-books. Allow me to link you up:
- You can get it on iBooks here and read it on your phone or iPad.
- If you have a Nook, it’s ALSO $9.99 on Ye Old Nooke here.
- If you do your e-book-reading on Kobo, you can get it for $9.99 here.
ELSEWHERE, please enjoy the following royals-related bits and bobs:
- Hello! has Prince Harry’s and Prince Charles’s intel for their visit to Turkey today and yesterday.
- The Telegraph has all kinds of intel about the forthcoming baby – like the fact that Harry will be briefly back in London on Sunday so could MAYBE meet the baby if she or he emerges by then.
- And What Kate Wore has (I think) the definitive guide to keeping track of Baby Cambridge Deux’s arrival. Really, really good work and super practical for you royals watchers.
- Victoria Arbiter has a good column about why she doesn’t think Baby Cambridge Deux will be named “Diana,” and I agree with her. (I also am beginning to think this baby will be a boy, just because everyone has decided it’s a girl. We will appreciate you either way, Baby Cambridge Two!)
- There’s a pub near the hospital named The Duchess of Cambridge. Add that to the itinerary for Fug Nation’s Fictional Tour of Great Britain! (People)
- Whilst we wait for her to have this baby, Kate went out and bought a bath mat. (People)
- And we sat down with our friends at The Duchess Diary for an oral history of The Royal We, and really got into a lot of the nuts and bolts that went into it (and some dishy stuff that got taken out of it.)
- This is a fascinating article on how British queens have influenced the English language. (Oxford Dictionaries)
- I snickered at this piece at What Would Kate Do? and not just because I am quoted in it. Behold: WHAT WOULD WILLIAM WEAR and join me in praying that the new jeans he was allegedly spotted buying are NORMAL and not HUGE DAD JEANS. Someone is getting ready for a casual photo opp, and I can only hope that Kate yelled at him from her spot on the sofa, “GET NORMAL ONES, WILLIAM. I MEAN IT. Love you bring me a scone thanks bye.” I don’t have high hopes.
- The blog So Obsessed With made the MOST AWESOME Gift Guide based on The Royal We. I can’t tell you how much I love this.
- Our friends at the HRH Duchess Kate blog are giving away an autographed copy, by the way!
- And we are DELIGHTED to be included in the CBC’s recommendations for spring reading.
- We talked to our friends at The Fashion Spot about the book and a VARIETY of royal subjects, including the all important question of Harry v. Wills.
- This is from the Daily Mail (I Know) but it’s really cute: Kate & Wills’ love map of Britain.
- The Telegraph runs down what QE2 did for her birthday this week. (It was a RAGER!)
- StyleList has a wonderful piece about the Queen’s style over the years.
- And you’ll enjoy the conversation about her hats over at the Royal Hats blog.
- And also, this chat with the costumer who dresses Helen Mirren in her current role as QE2 on Broadway. (InStyle)
- In case you missed anything of Queen Margrethe’s 75th birthday shenanigans, The Court Jeweller has a great wrap-up.
- Mette-Marit and Haakon went on an arctic tour! (Royalista)