We were on a limited schedule, but that doesn’t mean we didn’t pump out some content over the break. In case you swore off the Internet, or succeeded at a long-term resolution not to read us until January 2, 2014, then here is what you may have missed:
– We did our annual Cover Predictions for Vogue, including a look back at the Feb 2013-January 2014 cover subjects and how they looked.
– Wills and Kate (and other royals) hit the town for Christmas Mass, looking very smart and holding hands.
– We also posted highlights from A Year In Royals, including more than just the Windsors.
– These are The Best Of The Rest of the year, meaning, the gowns we loved that didn’t win Best from Fug Nation and didn’t fit into our year-end feature on The Cut.
– While looking for the overall best and worst single outfits, we learned a few people had pretty strong years overall: Lupita Nyong’o (the newbie), Nicole Kidman (the veteran), Diane Kruger (the risk-taker), and Jessica Alba (the casual surprise).
– In honor of Jared Leto’s 40th birthday, and potentially on the doorstep of a lucrative awards season for him, we did a Hotness Fugtrospective of his blue, blue eyes. And other things. But: EYES.
– Miley Cyrus’s tongue was a much-publicized participant in 2013’s pop-culture shenanigans. We dared to look deep into her past — no, we’re not that proud of this — and found that it’s actually a common tic of hers.
– Beyonce. Sigh.