Happy almost Halloween, everyone!
First, a bit of housekeeping: If you are seeing a Toyota ad pop up at an unreasonable rate — if you are seeing it every single slide in a slide show, for instance — please clear your cache, as we’ve been advised that will help resolve the problem. If you continue to see it at an alarming rate after doing that, please email us at fuggingitup AT gmail so we can help our tech folks suss out what is happening. Because the issue is only happening sporadically, it’s been hard to replicate and fix. We are, however, working very hard on it, I promise! Thank you very much for your patience, your understanding, and for all of your help while we get it to work properly. Ads keep GFY in business (literally; without ads, we will cease to exist), but reader experience is of the utmost concern for me and Heather, and fixing this is a priority for us.
Back to your regularly scheduled programming:
– In case you missed it, we kicked off Vulture’s High School TV Showdown by choosing which show is super, Buffy or Dawson’s.
– Is it wrong that my reaction to this story about an 85 year old jewel thief — who has been stealing jewels for 50 years! – is, “good for you!!!” Probably. (The New York Times)
– Our friends at Pajiba are helpfully tracking the new TV season’s cancellations and renewals.
– This is so, so interesting, at Atlas Obscura: Where U.S. Mail Went to Die
– OH YES: Nine Costume-Design Secrets About Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries (Vanity Fair)
– This is relevant to many of our interests, at Macleans: How I conquered the queue to get tickets to the Harry Potter play
– I love this acoustic version of Taylor Swift’s “Out of the Woods” — my own personal favorite track on 1989.
– Did we know that Kristen Stewart and Chloe Sevigny are making a movie about Lizzie Borden? I am in. (Lainey)
– This headline made me giggle, at Celebitchy: Tom Cruise got weirdly territorial about the refrigerator on the ‘Mena’ set
– Thanks to The New Potato for this recipe for the perfect mulled wine. I LOVE MULLED WINE.
– At The Telegraph: London’s most haunted Tube stations!
– Entertaining, at GQ: I Was a Halloween Costume Model