Whee! Another weekend ahead!
– If it’s hot where you live and you need another sundress….we can help.
– At Refinery29, this is a powerful and beautifully done essay: I Can’t Trust Anybody Who Supports R. Kelly.
– Really interesting, at the New York Times: Who Killed the Iceman? Clues Emerge in a Very Cold Case.
– And this is a such great essay, from Nicole Chung: Magic Can Be Normal. [Hazlitt]
– At Lainey, apparently Jennifer Lawrence has joined the crowd of people who have literally barfed at 1984, on Broadway. You know what? I’m sure it’s great, but I don’t want to go to a play where I might vomit or — arguably worse! — might be vomited upon. (Apparently, people are also fainting during the show and I am a fainter, so…I’m good. I’ll pass.)
– I LOVED this, in The New Yorker: “From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler,” Fifty Years Later
– How is this not a TV show yet? At Racked: How a Criminologist Boutique Owner Catches Shoplifters.
– It’s about time: Jane Austen gets her own banknote in England. [EW]
– I’m incapable of resisting stories about drugstore beauty products. I once had a job at which I was truly miserable, and to get from my car to the building I had to walk several blocks, past a CVS. I spent A LOT of my feelings at the CVS. [Into the Gloss]
– This is SO GOOD, at Revelist: We shopped for our ‘true’ bra size and saw which brands lie. (Note: there are pictures of writers in bras in this post.) BRA SHOPPING IS INSANE.
– Riveting, at Town & Country:The Devastating True Story of the Romanov Family’s Execution
– Revelist ALSO tried out this erasable eyeliner that Tyra has put out. (It’s called “Oops!” which feels very Tyra.)
– And look at these frankly amazing toilet paper wedding gowns!
– Here’s a listicle I think we’re all interested in: 7 Famous People Researchers Want to Exhume [Mental Floss]
– At Pajiba: He’s Still There: Let’s Talk About Jeremy Renner
– I’m sure you want to read this piece on Vulture about THE BEST SHOULDER FASHION of Game of Thrones.
– Via Celebitchy, this Beyonce wax figure is SO BAD.