Kicking out a little early today because this weekend is a holiday for many people, and we hope you all get to skedaddle home for Good Friday or Passover or REASONS KNOWN ONLY TO YOU before closing time today too. But before we get into linkage, a reminder that our book, The Royal We, comes out THIS UPCOMING TUESDAY (although if you are in Canada, it’s on shelves in certain Chapters right now, FYI, so if you happen to be out and about this weekend, you might want to pop in and pick yourself up some hot fictional British princes [EDITED: We’ve been told that Canada has pulled the books from the shelves and are now holding them until Tuesday, when they are officially on sale, so hold your fire.]). We are so so excited for you to FINALLY get to read it, and we can’t wait for you to meet Nick and Bex, and everyone else. In aid of the book, we are doing some signings this upcoming week and we’d love to meet you.
You can come out and say hello:
Tuesday, APRIL 7: NEW YORK, NY
Book Culture on Columbus, 7 p.m.
450 Columbus Avenue (between 81st and 82nd)
New York, NY, 10024
Thursday, APRIL 9: WASHINGTON, D.C.
Kramerbooks, 6:30 p.m. (They have a bar on the premises!!)
1517 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036
For more details, and to RSVP (again, optional, but helpful), click here. Seating at Kramerbooks is going to be limited, but there will be plenty of standing room (and we won’t drone on forever, don’t worry). If you require wheelchair accessible seating or require a reserved seat, please email Sarah at [email protected] and one will be happily reserved for you!
We have other events coming up later in Los Angeles and Chicago, and those deets are here at our Events and Signings page. Put on your fascinators and come on by!
AND NOW, back to your regularly scheduled:
– This history of the “One Shining Moment” montage is SO RIGHT. (Decider)
– OH YES. Over at Entertainment Weekly: X-Files revival plans return of Walter Skinner and Cigarette Smoking Man. I can’t wait to see how they do this, given that CSM LITERALLY EXPLODED in the finale. PS: Yes, I will be totally recapping the return here at GFY. Are you kidding? I’ve come this far.
– Also on TXF tip, this piece in Paper is great: How Dana Scully is X-Files’ Anti-Style Hero
– I love how Vin Diesel is NEVER blase about anything. (Lainey)
– This story about how a man’s stolen iPhone took him to China, made him a star, and got him a friend, is really great. (Buzzfeed)
– As is, in the utterly opposite way, this piece in The Independent about the worst things people have done to their Sims. I TOTALLY have murdered a Sim in my time.
– Pajiba has heard a rumor that Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield are dunzo and we are all distraught if this is, in fact, the case.
– This is an interesting piece on Racked about “credit card obsessives,” people who LIVE to rack up points/miles
– I also enjoyed this piece in The Atlantic: The Unsung Legacy of Black Characters on Soap Operas. (The lead photo there, Angie and Jesse, are forever in my heart. I cried my eyes out when he died.)
– POISON GOWNS! (The Hairpin)
– This headline made me giggle: Gwyneth Paltrow’s aura-reading confirms that she’s an amazing person. (Celebitchy)