These are some tight pants.
But, that’s not why we’re here. She has the body for them (although I don’t actually think they are doing her body any kindly favors); she’s erranding; whatever. No, we’re here to discuss the little bauble hanging around her neck. Shall we zoom?
So how do we feel about this? I know Carrie Bradshaw popularized wearing one’s own name as a pendant, but what about someone else’s? Specifically, that of your beau? (Because obviously wearing a “Hamm” or “Chenbot” necklace would be amazing and totally rational.) Maybe it’s sweet, and my charred heart needs to shake off its carbon dusting and beat cleanly again. But I keep thinking three things:
a) She bought it as a way of reminding everyone that YES, even though they’re rarely seen together and don’t like to talk about it and he made her hide it for a while, they ARE together and THIS WEDDING IS HAPPENING AND DID I MENTION I AM ENGAGED TO JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE? WHY AREN’T YOU PEOPLE CALLING US ‘TIMBERBIEL’ or ‘BIELBERLAKE’ YET? DO YOU NOT CARE?;
b) Justin gave it to her, in which case it’s the height of narcissism (“Here, wear my name”);
c) Justin gave it to her as a preventative measure (“Here, wear my name, but for GOD’S SAKE not as a tattoo because that will make things super awkward and I can’t edit that to anything but “Sic Forever” or “Be Forever” and those are both way lamer than Wino”).
I’ve decided it’s (c). But what do you think? Do you sense a message here, or is it just a nice thing? Would you do it?
Would you wear a pendant with your significant other's name on it?
- HELL YES. It's cute. (6%, 502 Votes)
- Hell yes, but only because it makes for good bragging (and thus my custom "Gosling" pendant is on order) (4%, 378 Votes)
- It may depend on whether it's a BF/GF, a fiance, or a spouse (5%, 396 Votes)
- Not a chance. It's too much. (20%, 1,665 Votes)
- I wouldn't even wear one with my own name on it (49%, 4,142 Votes)
- DUH, don't make assumptions -- it's totally a Justin Guarini necklace (2%, 160 Votes)
- I was thinking Justin Theroux. Take THAT, Aniston. (1%, 70 Votes)
- No, it's New York Giant/ND grad/Subway spokesperson extraordinaire Justin Tuck (0%, 40 Votes)
- SHE HAS BIEBER FEVER. (12%, 1,006 Votes)
- I have 100 other Justins but we are running out of space. (1%, 93 Votes)
Total Voters: 8,455