Looking at the data about items folks bought from our shopping posts is always illustrative, and for the second year in a row, it says: “I’m not interested in hard pants but I DO need some new jewelry.” I’m not sure if that’s because we’ve all been sad and trying to cheer ourselves up with shiny things, or if everyone is on Zoom and Facetime more and realized they need more accessories on their head, but it might be both! And why not? I am here for your soft pants and sparkly ears.
Anyway, in case you’re interested, the top ten items purchased by Fug Nation in 2021 were:
3. Multi-colored resin earrings (Etsy)
4. Tie-dyed cotton sweatshirts (Etsy)
5. Giraffe tote bag (Etsy)
6. Cotton joggers (Target)
7. Woven leather sandals (Nordstrom)
8. Personalized canvas tote (Etsy)
9. Turkish ceramic bowls (Etsy)
This is with the caveat that the data we get from LTK, our primary affiliate partner, isn’t always super robust; I know that a lot of you bought something after you clicked through that page of Victorian snake rings, but not necessarily what you bought. I hope it WAS a snake ring! (FWIW, that wasn’t a shopping post about jewelry that looks like an animal — although between the snake rings and the fox earrings, I am going to write one for 2022! — but about Queen Victoria and Prince Albert’s wedding, a post which also includes mention of a man whose severed leg has its own Wikipedia page.)
And if you want a more GENERAL OVERVIEW, here are the 10 Most-Shopped Sites for the year:
2. Nordstrom (which is having a big 50% off sale through Jan 3)
3. J.Crew (which currently is running 50% off sale prices)
5. Sephora (which is offering an extra 20% off sale items until the 1st)
7. Anthropologie (which is 40% off sale prices right now)
8. Madewell (extra 30% off sale)
9. Boden (also having a big-ass sale, even the website is like !!!!)
10. J.Crew Factory (currently up to 50% off everything)
We are really doing our collective best to keep the J.Crew family in business! Where is my thank you note?!
Like most websites, GFY uses affiliate links where available, which means we earn a little money if you click through and buy something. We can assure you that all items were personally chosen while we sat around drinking Diet Coke and watching college football. Thank you for supporting us this year! If you want to catch up with all of our shopping posts, you can read them here.