Over the weekend, The Express broke the news — well, it’s not technically news; it’s technically a total rumor — that Prince Harry is allegedly dating Suits actress Meghan Markle (a divorced American — shock, horror). I have thoughts, and I figured you would, too. In fact, I know you do, because I read our mentions on Twitter.
My thoughts are:
- I’ll believe it when I see it, but;
- This IS a random story to be wholly invented, especially since we’ve technically never even seen them together. Without any jumping off point at all, it doesn’t seem like this is a story that would even occur to anyone to invent, which makes me think that they’ve probably hooked up. When there is smoke without any matches on the scene, perhaps there is fire of some sort. (That being the fiery flames of passion, etc etc etc.)
- In which case, good for you, Meghan.
- Also, I’ve interviewed her at Fashion Week more than once, and while that’s obviously just a small moment in time, she was totally awesome both times: Funny, warm, really smart. I always liked talking to her and I honestly think she would be good at this particular gig; she’s poised and good with the public, but not so famous as an actress that she would overshadow Harry (like Emma Watson would, for example) or like it would feel that she’d have to hide her professional light under a bushel in order to date him.
- Except it also seems likely that they’re just having fun and I don’t know that we all need to start picking out hats for the the wedding right now.
- I want to wear this one.