Boats! Hats! Bottled Water! Medals!
- THIS IS FASCINATING, at The Independent: The Princes in the Tower: Will the ultimate cold case finally be solved after more than 500 years?
- Crown Princess Mary opened a new hospital this week, and looked very nice doing so. (Royalista)
- At The Daily Beast, did you know that Rayanne Graff of My So-Called Life is now a British countess? It’s a very Bex-and-Nick story, too, so I (obviously) approve.
- King W-A shared a cute pic of his eldest on her way to her first day at school and also asked the press to leave her alone. (I like to think this was a sub-conference at the recent Blue Suits International Meeting for Royals.) Good use of your social media, Max and Wax! (Royalista)
- PopSugar makes a SHAMELESS PLAY for your eyeballs by putting together a slideshow of Harry and Kate being charming together. I suspect it worked, right?
- Everyone, Cambridges included, is off to bop around Balmoral a bit during these last days of summer. People has a slideshow of historical pictures thereof. There is one of QE2 and her sons where Prince Andrew looks super handsome and, like, poor Edward has his eyes closed and obviously hates EVERYONE and Chaz isn’t even looking at the camera and the Queen seems super peevish. It’s great.
- Pips and Marshmallow are off in St Barts. Pipples has TOTALLY broken up with that handsome bounder Nico Jackson, right? Let’s find her someone reasonable to romance. (Us Weekly)
- Princess Beatrice went to a wedding with her besties Ashton and Mila. (They seriously hang out a lot.) (Hello!)
- From Berkshire to Buckingham is speculating as to what Kate might wear to October’s State Banquet; it’s a lot of fun.
- And What Would Kate Do? wonders what Kate would buy at Banana Republic.
- Ooh, thank you Tatler: 6 dazzling royal tiaras
- Love this piece about The Cotes Peridots at The Court Jeweller.
- Wills wrote a real nice foreword to an upcoming bio of his Granny. (Hello!)
- At Mashable: I’m 23 and dressed as royal baby Prince George for a week
- And, finally, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia are visiting Värmland, which is, per Wiki: “a historical province or landskap in the west of middle Sweden. It borders Västergötland, Dalsland, Dalarna, Västmanland, and Närke, and is bounded by Norway in the west.” So many umlauts! I love it. They were not widely photographed by my sources, but as always, Twitter is here for you. I love Sofia in her wellies. (Click on the embedded tweet, and you can flip through the pics):
— Albert Nieboer (@Royaleurope) August 27, 2015