How appropriate that Jaime King is popping up on the site today, right after Michael Bay, as he directed her in his tour de force of historical accuracy, Pearl Harbor.
I have so many thoughts.
- She’s cute.
- Is that a bathrobe?
- I used to love Keds
- That “sleeves pulled over the hands” thing is SO Jennifer Love Hewitt, but only because she used to give interviews about how that was “her thing” and how “kids” totally started doing that once they noticed her character doing it in Party of Five and I was all, “I never noticed that because, honey, NO ONE is looking at your sleeves when they could be looking at Bailey’s dimples (or your boobs).”
- They’re trying to make Cross Body Purses At Red Carpets happen and I’m not giving in on this one unless I accidentally fall onto a red carpet while on vacation somewhere purse-snatchy
- Pearl Harbor is SUCH A TERRIBLE MOVIE. NO MAN IN THE AIR FORCE IN 1941 HAD FROSTED TIPS.
- In fact, I think it is possibly the nadir of Ben Affleck’s career. I like Ben, and I think he’s both cute and talented, but he is SO BAD in that movie. The scene where he finds out that Kate Beckinsale is nailing Josh Hartnett and his entire reaction is just to open his mouth as wide as he can is a CLASSIC of terribleness.
- That movie came out ten years ago. Put that in your bathrobe and smoke it.