Happy Memorial Day weekend to my fellow Americans, and happy Friday to everyone else! In honor of the holiday, regular posting will resume on Tuesday; I hope you all have a fun and safe long weekend.
In case you need something to read:
– The New York Times summer reading list is out!
– Buzzfeed published a long and very good piece about the on-going situation in Flint that I highly recommend.
– At Lainey: I am opposed to the fact that they’re rebooting Charlie’s Angels, again. Does everything need to be a reboot? There are a million good scripts out there. Jeez. HOWEVER. I am NOT opposed to this reboot, if it must happen, starring Janelle Monae, as is the rumor.
– Really interesting about something you use every day, at Atlas Obscura: Most of the World’s Bread Clips Are Made by a Single Company
– This is fab. Gloria Vanderbilt is now on Instagram, via Town & Country.
– Via Celebitchy, apparently no one watched ABC’s Dirty Dancing remake, and, indeed, neither did I. Did you? I heard it was AWFUL.
– At Pajiba, this headline about the new Pirates movie, I suspect, says it all: What in the Drunken Slurring F*ck is Johnny Depp Doing In ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’?
– One of the women at Revelist tried Twin Strangers, the website that finds your doppelgänger. I feel like this is how a horror movie starts, ladies!
– Super interesting and surprisingly juicy, at Racked: LuLaRoe’s Consultants Are Furious With the Brand. SPIES are involved.
– Over at Into The Gloss, this is VERY useful: How To Navigate The Beauty Section At T.J. Maxx. I never even thought of this idea and now I must.
– The Stripe dives into the best self-tanners, a topic with which I am personally obsessed.
– I also will ALWAYS read about face masks. [Cupcakes and Cashmere]
– More News You Can Use, at Town & Country: How to Clean an L.L. Bean Boat and Tote.
– At Design*Sponge, let’s all make this stone fruit and burrata salad!