Guess what’s happening this weekend? Hollywood’s most self-congratulatory awards show, the SAGs! It’s on a Saturday (I don’t know), so we’ll have the highlights on Sunday, if you’re bored this weekend. Otherwise, Monday will be an overload of coverage! Until then:
– Yay! Barbie is no longer one-size-fits-all. (Pajiba)
– Two of our favorite things meet in SCHUYLER SISTERS COCKTAILS, from the brilliant mind that brought you Hamiltines. (Good. Food. Stories.)
– Another yay: Tyra Banks and her boyfriend have welcomed a baby! MAZEL, TYTY BABY. (Lainey)
– Jada Yuan at Vulture talks to Nate Parker about The Birth of a Nation. (You may remember him from being hot and sensitive in Beyond The Lights; he quit acting to make this film, which he’d been working on for seven years, and which sold for the most amount of money Sundance has ever seen.) It’s a really good interview.
– Gina Rodriguez is dating Ben Schwartz? I bet those two throw a very entertaining dinner party. (Celebitchy)
– The A.V. Club wonders, Why is House Hunters so damn popular?
– Let’s read all about 18th century riding habits! (All Things Georgian)
– Did you read Aliza Licht’s great book Leave Your Mark? You definitely remember her from her stint as DKNY PR Girl, on Twitter. She has a new newsletter, called Blackboard, and it’s excellent.
– Thank you, Awesomely Luvvie, for bringing this photo of Michael B Jordan and the men in his family to the attention of the world. SPOILER: His whole family is really really REALLY good-looking.
– OMG DON’T DO THIS: Lady Hertford jazzed up her dining room with bird pictures cut from what is now said to be the world’s most expensive book. (Although, honestly, the wallpaper looks AMAZING.) (The Telegraph)
– A Cup of Jo brings us AN ODE TO STRIPES.
– And Racked profiles “the jewelry queen of Texas.”
– Let’s look at all these hot new photos of David Beckham. (Refinery29)