Can I interest you in some delightful reading material?
– Sarah Jessica Parker wrote a WONDERFUL tribute to Oscar de la Renta. (The Hollywood Reporter)
– I think you’ll be interested in this take on 18th century cosmetic enhancements over at All Things Georgian. I personally could use a “false rump” myself at times.
– You will also love this, I think: Saving an English Country House. (Two Nerdy History Girls)
– Related! And so, so so good: The resurrection of Grey Gardens. (I did NOT know that Ben Bradlee, who died just this week, had bought Grey Gardens.) Via Gardenista.
– Glamour ranks all Mr Darcys. (Spoiler: Number one is who you think it is.)
– Amazing: In 1938, L.A. woman went to jail for wearing slacks in courtroom. (Los Angeles Times)
– ALSO AMAZING, and also from the LA Times: Sphinx unearthed from 1923 Cecil B. DeMille movie set. !!!!
– Dawson’s Creek, but with dachshunds. Yes.
– Given the season, you may want to know How to Grow a GIANT PUMPKIN. (Smithsonian)
– How DID Allison Janney become “that actor in everything”? She talks to Buzzfeed, explains, is awesome.
– MORE pictures of Taylor Kitsch and Josh Jackson. MORE (Lainey)
– I enjoy the Ask A Literary Lady series over at Barnes & Noble, and this week she tackles what to read after a break-up.
– Pajiba suggests Tina Fey take over for Lorne Michaels at SNL, ASAP.
– This video, on YouTube, is a fascinating look at the making of a couture collection (in this case, the 2011 Spring/Summer Dior.)
– Rumor has it that George and Amal are having another big huge wedding party this weekend. We will be on alert. (Celebitchy)