Happy Friday, everyone! First, some housekeeping: This is Memorial Day weekend here in the United States, and we’ll be on a relaxed posting schedule until Tuesday, at which point we’ll be back to business as usual.
Also: Heather and I are going to be at Chicago’s Printers Row Lit Fest on Saturday, June 6th! Here are all the details — it is a ticketed event, just FYI, but the tickets are only $2 — and we would LOVE TO MEET you if you’re around that weekend. It feels right to be taking Bex to the land of her beloved Chicago Cubs.
Speaking of the book we are beside ourselves that The Royal We was included on the New York Times’s summer reading list. As I said in Royals Round-Up earlier today, it feels very much like Fug Nation has been with us on this journey all along, and Heather and I we owe so much of the success of the book to you guys. Thank you, SO MUCH, for everything.
– You HAVE to see these pictures of everyone in character for the Ryan Murphy OJ Simpson mini-series. I am going to have to Fug-Cap this, I suspect. I have so many thoughts. I watched basically that entire trial. I ditched Bio 40 to watch the verdict come in. I’ll never forget it. I was eating a Hot Pocket. (The Hollywood Reporter)
– Ooh, this is great, courtesy of Curbed:The Monster Mad Men Filming Map of Los Angeles
– Johnny Depp’s time in Australia has been fraught. (Lainey)
– This must have taken the folks at Bustle FOREVER: 703 Outfits Rachel Wore On ‘Friends’, Ranked From Best To Worst (Yes, That’s Every Single Outfit)
– Also at Bustle: The BBC Is Making a TV Drama About The Bronte Sisters. I AM SO THERE.
– Also at Buzzfeed, from the always smart and interesting Anne Helen Peterson: How Hollywood Taught Rebel Wilson To Lie About Her Age
– Related: This story about Maggie Gyllenhaal being told she’s too old to play the love interest of a 57 year old man is insane. (Celebitchy)
– This is interesting: Life below stairs – the duties of a Georgian housemaid. (All Things Georgian)
– In a piece after my own heart, The Cut looks at all the nightgowns of Mad Men.
– And Vulture put together a supercut of all of the show’s famously vague promos. (I DON’T WANT TO LET GO.)
–Over at Pajiba: Are these the 12 best trailers of the 21st century?