Are you ready for the Oscars? It’s a week from Sunday and we already have our bottles of bubbly on ice in preparation. To make your at-home viewing parties as awesome as possible, we’re very excited to bring you a fab giveaway** thanks to our friends at Piper-Heidsieck, who also just happen to be providing all the champagne for the Oscars. (They anticipate pouring about 12,000 glasses from the more than 1400 bottles they have on hand, to which I say: CHEERS.)
The Prize: a kick-ass party pack. It includes:
- A $75 gift certificate to Uncorked.com, to buy yourself some Champs.
- A cute branded ice bucket (which you can also use for your popcorn, although I’d advise you not to put ice and popcorn into said bucket simultaneously).
- 1 large tin of special edition The Hampton Popcorn Company white truffle cheddar gourmet popcorn. (I plan to shovel this into my mouth indiscriminately during the red carpet.)
- A fluffy red Piper-Heidsieck fleece blanket in a matching red fleece bag with zipper, in case your tootsies get cold. It is February.
- A selfie stick, in case your Oscars party is of the Pics Or It Didn’t Happen variety.
- And, to assist with the aforementioned, a packet of fun red carpet costume props on sticks, including a faux Oscar, movie camera, director’s megaphone, and clapperboard.
There are three (3) up for grabs this year, so cross your fingers.
The Task: As always, I will pick the winners at random. To keep it fun, please comment and tell us how YOU celebrate the Oscars at home. Sweats and Doritos and beer? Do you go to — or throw?! — a fancy party? Are you one of those amazingly creative people who make cocktails that are thematic for each nominated movie? Are you at home on Twitter, eating a pizza? Do you just pour Champagne straight into your mouth from the bottle? (We’re just trying to help with that last one.) Please share.
The Rules: All entries must be posted in the comments of this post by 9 p.m. Pacific time on Monday. FYI, if this is the first time you’ve commented here, the system will automatically kick you into comment moderation, but don’t worry, I will rescue you. Please use an email address that you check regularly, because I’d hate for you to miss out on this if you are the winner. Good luck!
** Winners must be 21 or over. Contest open only to residents of Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New Jersey, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Washington D.C, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.