In addition to our celeb coverage from The Cut, here are some of the runway presentations we’ve written up that may have slipped through the busy cracks this season:
– Rodarte put out a bunch of crazy-ass craft projects and then some Star Wars nostalgia
– Marchesa (lots of lace)
– Zac Posen (lots of big drama)
– Prabal Gurung (lots of confusion)
– Jenny Packham (lots of Kate)
– Oscar de la Renta (lots of AHHH)
– Naeem Khan (lots of YES)
– The Blonds (costumes!)
– Joan Van Ark and others looking terrible in the Heart Truth Red Dress Show (although some, like Victoria Justice, had on gorgeous gowns)
– We did a Wine Cardigans slideshow; for those not familiar with the concept (which was born in the Scandal recaps), a wine cardigan is something large and cozy which you throw on for those nights when you’re guzzling the potent grape on your couch and plotting, emoting, trying not to emote, and/or yearning. Or anything else that can be done on your couch with a glass of wine in hand, really.
– Carolina Herrera had some interesting stuff on the runways; we picked out selects and tossed them into a salad with Jeremy Scott and Ralph Lauren and some Calvin Klein, because why not?
– I’m not really behind this reboot of Marc by Marc Jacobs into MBMJ, because that sounds like something you need to get vaccinated. Also, the clothes were often hideous. That’s why we threw in some beautiful Badgley Mischka — it was a very strong collection this season — to offset it. Also: Proenza Schouler, Pamella Roland, Reem Acra.
– The first two outfits in this slideshow are A BIG FAT NO.
– Nautica showed us some semi-nude dudes; also, Rebecca Minkoff, BCBG, Nicole Miller.