Quite a lot happened this week — at last, everyone is really out of the house, save Kate, who had to cancel this weekend’s trip to Malta on the advice of her doctors (they’re sending William instead). First and foremost, Monday was Harry’s 30th birthday, and we celebrated with an ENORMOUS slideshow that I invite you to visit or revisit as the case may be. This post brings you carriages and gowns and skirts and the return of Cressida and a rare appearance from Queen Rania and LOTS of Crown Princess Mary, who is really holding up the Likeable Brunette With Good Hair end for everyone. (She and CPF are currently on a tour of Canada and I will bring you those pictures EN MASSE when they are cleared for my usage.)
Elsewhere, for your reading pleasure:
- The Court Jeweller looks back at the Greek Royal Wedding of 1964. (It’s their 50th wedding anniversary.) I love the gown.
- Vanity Fair examines royal siblings.
- Look at all these castles! (Travel and Leisure)
- Prince Harry lifted a little girl onto his shoulders so she could better see the Foo Fighters at the Invictus closing ceremonies last week. There is video. It’s very sweet. (The Express)
- Harry also went to the movies with Cressida last week, leading everyone to squawk over whether that is Back On and I personally feel like I have NO IDEA but didn’t we all decide they were fundamentally incompatible? I thought we did. That being said, I cannot stop laughing over the fact that they went to see Sex Tape. HARRY, NO. (The Express)
- Don’t worry: He did get his birthday party, even if Kate is sick. (Vanity Fair)
- Philip Somerville, who has made many a royal hat, recently died. His obit is really interesting and well-worth a read. So many hats! (The Telegraph)
- The Daily Beast’s recent article about Princess Charlene is JUICY and really will make you want to rescue her. #SaveCharlene
- It was also Daniel of Sweden’s birthday and Hello! of course amassed some Fun Facts.
- We need to talk about this hat on Maxima. (Royal Hats)