I hope you like Wills, because this post is just full of him, given that he’s been on tour of Japan and China this whole week. As you probably would have bet, he is wearing a blue suit nearly constantly. I like to imagine Kate sitting on the sofa in his dressing room while he packed for this thing, eating a giant bag of Cheetos, and affectionately rolling her eyes while he was like, “Should I pack this blue suit, or THIS blue suit? Maybe I’ll take both blue suits. But that’s only seven blue suits. Is this enough suits, Kate? Kate? Kate, I really need your help with these suits.”
Other than Wills, we’ve got carriages! And tiaras! And ski jackets! And banquet rooms! And coats! And Princess Estelle!
A gentle reminder: you can read the first seven chapters of our forthcoming novel, The Royal We, for FREE! (It comes out in just about a month; I can’t believe it.) And if you’re in the US and interested in winning a galley version of the book, Goodreads is giving away 15 of them — the contest ends on Monday
- A “priceless” Royal coat of arms was recently discovered while a family was doing some renovations in their house in Oxfordshire. (The Telegraph)
- Speaking of surprising discoveries: Mystery Woman Buried Near Richard III. HOW MUCH STUFF IS BURIED OVER THERE?! (Yahoo)
- I think you’ll enjoy Patricia Treble’s take on The Royals for Macleans.
- Hello! wonders if Princess Madeleine will miss Prince Carl Philip’s wedding in June due to her baby being expected right around the same time.
- The same source brings you twenty of what they swear are “the cutest Harry and William moments” OF ALL TIME!! (There are also some amazingly crazy sweaters on Diana within.)
- This would be…stressful at best. The Mirror reports on the uptick in Kate’s stalkers given her pregnancy, and how the palace handles the security issue.
- In a complete turn of tone, Tatler’s If Royal Hair Could Talk series — which is very funny — takes on Kate this time.
- Continuing to speak of Kate, she went to an event at the Goring this week – I am very sad I wasn’t able to get the photos for GFY, because I loved her Erdem dress. The Goring, of course, is where she spent the night before the wedding. (It’s also the setting for the opener of The Royal We, not coincidentally.) (What Kate Wore)
- People has further coverage of the event. (Kate’s also got like four things on next week, including a visit to the set of Downton [!!!], so stay tuned.)
- The Daily Beast has run with a story from the Daily Mail (I Know), which is — given the source — surely almost wholly fictional, about how Charles feels like he never gets to see Prince George and thinks Wills spends too much time with the Middz. (I always feel like: (a) I am sure this story is BS and (b) regardless, it makes perfect sense to me that William might want to spend a lot of time somewhere without protocol, where people act like he’s just a normal dude.) This also includes the terrifying condemnation of Kate for — brace yourself, because this is truly monstrous – insisting people have Christmas stockings.
- Speaking of Downton, Sophie Wessex ALSO visited this set week, with Angelica Rivera.
- There’s a new theory that Henry VIII was thinking about marrying a 7th wife. I keep imaging Whoopi Goldberg from Ghost popping up to let the aforementioned Lucky #7 know that she’s in danger. (Royal Central)
- The details for the Baptism of the Twins of Monaco have been set.
- Finally, this is INSANE: Wallis Simpson ordered rescue mission for her swimsuit in WW2. WHAT. NO. GET A GRIP, WALLIS. (The Telegraph)
- A late add, and fascinating: an in-depth look on what will happen when (hopefully far in the future) QE2 eventually dies. (Business Insider)
[Photos: Gerry, Splash, PA Wire]