LOTS to cover this week! Harry and Wills and Kate all had outings, Princess Beatrice left the house, CPM and CPF were hanging out with Maxima and W-A, with MANY HATS and TIARAS, after which W-A and Maxima popped over to Germany to wear wacky glasses, and Chaz and Cammy are here in the United States. We made Charles bowl.
Here on GFY this week, we brought you the following:
- Kate in maybe my favorite of her maternity outfits this particular pregnancy, with bonus Harry and his forearms
- Wills and Kate and booze and a dog!
- And we covered The Royals on E! It has…some issues.
ALSO! We added a new event in our book tour (it’s not REALLY a tour since it’s not going too many places; we wish we could come out and meet you all, but it’s all dependent on where our publisher would like to send us, basically). We will be at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, on SUNDAY, April 19th, at 1:30pm. Our panel is called Fiction: Famous By Association, with a signing to follow. It’s moderated by Heather Havrilesky, and the other panelists are Christopher Noxon and Shanna Mahin. (Tickets are required for this event, and we will post a link when they’re available; they’re only $1.) You can always get more info on our events on our Events and Signing page here. (We’re also coming to NYC on April 7th, and DC on April 9th. Please come out and say hi!)
We’re also delighted to note that The Royal We was named to the 2015 Library Reads list for April (they kindly used the words “delightful,” “pure fun,” and “perfect,” for which we are very grateful) and that we were lucky enough to get a starred review from Library Journal, who said we “hit all the right notes in this funny, smart, emotional tale.” Librarians, we love you now more than ever, and we already loved you quite a lot. The book comes out April 7th, as you SURELY know by now, and of course you can always pre-order.
ENOUGH of that, and thank you for your patience as I bang on about the book. Let’s go somewhere else now:
- This is the best headline ever: Royal baby ‘will be a girl called Alexandra’ according to racing corgis. You HAVE GOT to see the pictures. (The Mirror)
- The Mirror also has a piece on a phenomenon I have noticed lately which is kind of astonishing to me: Namely, that Life and Style and OK! (the US version) have literally started publishing TOTAL FICTION — in this case, both are claiming that Kate has already had the baby and George has met her and Carole Middleton had a tizzy in the waiting room, etc etc etc. Now, listen, I know tabloids make stuff up all the time, but it’s at least stuff that we can’t fully disprove immediately. Like, maybe Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux ARE secretly married already, but I saw that L&S on the same day that I literally saw video of pregnant Kate walking around. I’m not sure how they think ANYONE believes stuff that can literally be fact-checked just with eyes.
- People ran down some of their favorite fictional royals. (We are delighted that Nick and Bex made the list.)
- Look at all these awesome Royal Wedding Gowns of Yore! (Retroette)
- Royal Central has a good piece about crazy (often apocryphal) laws passed by monarchs.
- I enjoyed very much this piece in Maclean’s about two recent books about the Duke of Windsor.
- This tidbit from today’s investitures at Buckingham Palace is quite amusing. (From Her Majesty’s Jewel Vault)
- Duchess Diary has a good look at Kate’s new blue jewels (which we saw last week; allegedly birthday presents from Wills)
- Our friends at the Royal Hats blog has a (hat-related) update on the Japanese Imperial family.
- A late add: here’s the schedule of events for Richard III’s re-burial next week. (The Mirror)