Balconies! Pippa! Robots! AND MORE await you in this week’s Royals Round-Up.
And elsewhere, for your leisurely perusal:
- Hello! claims they can reveal Fergie’s “mystery man,” but we all know her real mystery man is Prince Andrew.
- This infographic of iconic royal wedding gowns is AMAZING. Make sure to click into each dress for further details. (Zalando)
- Prince George went to a petting zoo with Carole Middleton and OMG he’s wearing baby Converse, I cannot take it. That child is quite a squirmy worm at the moment. (PopSugar)
- He has apparently also been planting trees with Chaz. (Hello!)
- Also at Hello!, deets on Prince C-P and Sofia’s honeymoon in Fiji. SOUNDS TERRIBLE.
- This is right up our street: The Rival Queens Who Were Basically the Real Housewives of 16th-Century France (Modern Notion)
- Apparently, Buck House is falling apart — like, rain pouring into buckets/art has to be moved during storms — and needs a ton of repairs and QE2 might have to MOVE OUT while they do it, and it’s going to cost a fortune, as does the repair of all Great Piles, and you know what that means: 24/7 CHAMPAGNE TOURS. She’s apparently just going to decamp to Windsor, which makes sense, but I kind of wish she and Phil would have to bunk with Kate and Wills and the babies for the duration. They could FILM THIS and air it on TV and make ALL the money for the repairs like that! You’re welcome, Royal Family. (Hello!)
- The Daily Mail (I KNOW) has more on this situation and I swear to you guys, I only link to The Mail when it’s really worth it, and this article is legitimately interesting, especially about QE2’s history with Buckingham Palace and Charles’s desire to not live there at all. (In the grand manner of getting things ever so slightly wrong, they do mention the great expense of having to clean the chandeliers last year, and when we were on the tour, we were told that they clean them EVERY year, so you know: Grain of salt. It IS the DMIK. But I think you’ll find it interesting. I look forward to Xandra Deane’s take on this.)
- Thanks to the Countess of Wessex blog, we know Sophie popped out this week in a very cute floral number.
- Aw, look at all these pics of Wills and Harry as kids! (Good Housekeeping)
- Crown Princess Mary christened a lifeguard tower in a poncho, as you do. (Royalista)
- The Duchess Diary brings us some of Kate’s Best Hair Moments.
- Queen Rania talks about her son Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah II’s 21st birthday to People.
[Photos: Getty, Fame/Flynet, Instagram]