Below is a quick look at our press mentions, TV and personal appearances, and information about our books. If you have any questions or additions, or want to know more about us, please reach out to Heather and Jessica at [email protected] Thank you for your interest!
- We’ve written a best-selling novel, The Royal We — an interpretation of the Kate Middleton/Prince William love story that touches on themes of identity and sacrifice — published by Grand Central in 2015. The Royal We has been optioned by CBS Films.
- Our two young adult novels, Spoiled and Messy, were both published by Poppy (an imprint of Little, Brown) in 2011 and 2012, respectively.
- In addition, we published one book based on Go Fug Yourself, called The Fug Awards, with Simon Spotlight in 2008.
- CNN, May 2018, royal experts discussing Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding
- Headline News, May 2018, discussing the royal wedding and Meghan Markle
- E!’s Royal Wedding Special (May 2018)
- TLC’s Meghan Markle: A Royal Love Story (May 2018)
- TLC’s Secrets of the Royal Wedding (May 2018)
- E! News (2017), promoting the Oscars.
- Hollywood 411 (2014)
- Joe Zee’s Sundance Channel show, All On The Line (2012)
- Regular panelists on Naked Fashion (in UK, A-Listers Unzipped), 13 half-hour episodes, E! Canada and UKTV Style (2008)
- Guests of Joan and Melissa Rivers on the Grammy Awards Fashion Wrap, the Academy Awards Fashion Wrap, and the Emmy Awards Fashion Wrap, 2006, TV Guide Channel
- Awesomely Badder Fashion for VH-1 (2004), which was the first of many assorted E! Entertainment Television and TV Guide Channel talking-heads specials.
- The Los Angeles Times Festival of Books (2011-2016)
- The Chicago Tribune’s Printer’s Row Lit Fest (2015)
- Forever Fest 2013
- Orange County Children’s Book Festival in 2011.
- We hosted a party to celebrate Karl Lagerfeld’s diffusion line at Macy’s at the Beverly Center, and acted as MCs at a Pretty Little Liars-theme fashion show at Macy’s Sherman Oaks, both in 2011.
- We’ve also had book signings for The Royal We, Spoiled, and Messy everywhere from WORD in Brooklyn to Macy’s San Francisco to Barnes and Noble at the Grove, to Vroman’s in Pasadena, to Brookline Booksmith in Boston. We are also represented, on the book side, by the Hachette Speakers Bureau.
- Coverage from Windsor of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding for Cosmopolitan.com
- A look at the relationship between Meghan and Duchess Kate for Bustle.
- A humorous/emotional toast for Meghan, as imagined for the eve of her wedding, also at Bustle.
- A humorous piece about Meghan’s unfortunate Markle relatives, for W.
- Also at W: Queen Elizabeth Plots Some Twists For the Next Season of the Royal Family, TV’s Longest-Running Soap Opera
- A look at the 2018 World Cup’s hottest players, for W
- A humorous op-ed on Pippa Middleton’s wedding for the New York Times (2017)
- We profiled Tyga for DuJour, 2015
- Pop-culture/TV writing for Vulture, such as “The Best TV Couple of the Past 30 Years, Round One: Homer and Marge vs. Don and Betty,” 2016, and “The Best High-School Show of the Past 30 Years, Round One: Buffy the Vampire Slayer vs. Dawson’s Creek,” 2015
- Cosmopolitan cover story, “Shay Mitchell: ‘I’m Never Going To Label Myself,'” June 2016
- For The Toast: “Who is Cagney Without Lacey,” on writing as a duo, and “If Prince Harry Were Your Boyfriend.” (2015)
- Regular fashion coverage for Cosmopolitan.com (2015-present)
- New York Fashion Week coverage for New York magazine (2006-2015) and Cosmopolitan.com (2015-2016)
- Various essays and fashion critiques for In Touch magazine, Redbook, Premiere magazine, Star magazine, TV Guide, MSNBC.com, MuchMusic.com, Rolling Stone, Dwell, Grazia, and Soap Opera Digest.
- We were profiled on the front page of the Wall Street Journal in 2005.
- We have appeared twice on the Entertainment Weekly Must List, and were named one of its 25 favorite things on the Web in the June 23, 2006, issue; EW also reviewed The Royal We
- Cosmo named us to their 2013 Power List, calling us “fashion commentators and evil geniuses“
- One of the 50 Coolest Web sites of 2005, according to Time.com.
- We were delighted to be featured in a piece in the New York Times travel section.
- We’re No. 30 on The Observer/The Guardian’s March 2008 list of the world’s 50 most powerful blogs: “An epic battle against dull Oscar gowns, ill-fitting formalwear and Lindsay Lohan’s leggings….[G]enuinely thoughtful on questions of taste and funnier on the topic of random starlets in sequined sweatpants than you could possibly even imagine.”
- We spoke to The Hairpin, and The Atlantic, which called us “wickedly satirical.”
- We answered 10 Questions for Elle, and spoke to Stuff in New Zealand.
- Named one of PC World’s “100 Blogs We Love,” June 2007.
- We chatted with the book-lovers over at Figment.
- We were also featured in Teen Vogue.
- In the past, we’ve also been interviewed in LAist.com and Bostonist.com, conducted a marathon Television Without Pity interview, chatted with Chicago Tribune columnist Steve Johnson, had a nice long visit with PopMatters, and did a Q&A with Sarah Epler of the Nielsen Blog.
- Also mentioned in/on, among others: The Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, Los Angeles magazine (profile), the New York Post, Style magazine in The Sunday Times, The Village Voice, French Vogue (profile), Canada’s National Post newspaper, Defamer.com, the Hollywood Reporter (“viciously funny duo”), Variety, Gawker.com, Slate.com, Salon.com, MSN.com, Zap2It.com, LA.com, National Public Radio, Australian and Italian Cosmopolitan, The Boston Herald, Details magazine, Elle Decor, Time Out Chicago, Girlfriend magazine, Beauty and the Dirt.