Also! It’s Princess Anne’s birthday. I hope she catches a MURDERER today in her own honor. Here are her archives as a celebration.
Elsewhere, I can bring you further delights:
- This is amazing. Our cheeky friends at Tatler bring you: GUESS THE ROYAL BOTTOM. I did not do as well as I’d anticipated, but I did get Kate’s. And Harry’s, obviously.
- The Royal Hats blog has spent this week looking at everyone’s gear at Felipe and Letizia’s wedding ten years ago. Some of the guests look crraaaaaazy. It’s really fun.
- God bless The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor for writing the sentence, “Princess Irene of the Netherlands turned 75 on Tuesday, and that sounds like a good excuse to revisit the very grand wedding gown she wore to her very controversial wedding.” Grand wedding gowns at controversial weddings are MY FAVORITE. And THIS is the wedding I am always banging on about — where the bride was accused of being “in thrall to Franco,” and then it turned out that she totally WAS and it was a whole international incident and the Dutch boycotted the wedding and then she got exiled from Spain, TOO! And now she’s the one who wrote the book about how she talks to trees! Anyway, her wedding dress is Balmain and it’s VERY glam.
- Wills and Kate and Harry are due to attend a wedding in Italy next month, and everything about Katie Nicholl’s report on this at Vanity Fair sort of delights me; double-barreled names, five-star hotels, engagement cookies, Pippa’s exes.
- Katie Nicholl also has the scoop on Harry’s upcoming 30th birthday. They’re actually forcing him to marry someone from I Wanna Marry Harry after all.
- How do you know it’s a slow news week? This headline in the Mirror: Kate Middleton has reportedly been spotted hunting for bargain baby clothes during a visit to a designer outlet village. WOMAN MAY HAVE BOUGHT JAMMIES IN A GOOD DEAL!!!!
- Charlene went to a concert with Albert and she looked very neutral as usual. (Facially, she doesn’t look QUITE as miserable as usual, though). (Hello!)