OCTOBER! Land of pumpkin lattes, we are in you.
– Heather and I are pleased and proud to announce that we have designed some shoes with the awesome shoe company Milk and Honey (which lets you create your own shoes; get ready to lose your ENTIRE DAY designing shoes on their website) with 100% of the proceeds going to the Karen Dove Cabral Foundation, which provides financial assistance to young mothers with breast cancer. I can tell you two things about those shoes with complete honesty: I don’t think the photo does their cuteness justice, AND they are legitimately comfy. You can also order them in whatever heel height you like — from 1.5 inches, all the way up to 5 inches, with optional hidden platforms available for the heigher heights — which means you don’t need to love stilettos as much as we do to own them.
– We are ALSO pleased and proud to announce that we are on Monday’s episode of All On The Line with Joe Zee, which airs on Sundance Channel at 9 p.m. Eastern/Pacific (although, it’s 6 p.m. Pacific if you get DirecTV). The show is about Joe trying to guide desperate, often broke designers toward their last chance at success, and we pop by to offer some help. Or, in fact, critiques. We have only seen the short clip that’s on the Sundance Web site, but it’s full of skepticism and Heather’s crazy-eyes. Should be fun.
– Wait. THERE’S A PUMPKIN LATTE SHORTAGE?!? (Atlantic Wire)
– You KNOW how I feel about infograms. You also know how I feel about 30 Rock.Enjoy ten of its classic jokes in infogram form. Brilliant. (Vulture)
– You want to see this month’s Tatler cover. TRUST ME. (The Cut)
– Did you know that Canada was recently robbed of THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS worth of precious maple syrup? Don’t get too relaxed with those pancakes, criminals: they are closing in on you. (Time)
– No big deal. They just unearthed the tomb of a Mayan Queen in Guatemala. (Discovery)
– Vanity Fair takes on the Michelin Guide. EXTREMELY snarkily. (Vanity Fair)
– The cover of the new Olivia Newton John/John Travolta Christmas album makes me long for them to host a morning chat show together. Also: just be bald, John. JUST BE BALD. (Celebitchy)
– The Clueless cast reunites, you guys! Anyone who read SPOILED understands how much this means to us. There is no movie, in my opinion (perhaps other than Swingers) that speaks to Los Angeles as well as that one. Also. Stacey Dash. Tell us your anti-aging secrets. (Gawker)
– I agree with Lainey that Nicki Minaj doesn’t appear to be holding up well under the advanced divadom of Mariah Carey. (Lainey Gossip)
– Can you name the most stable interational currency? Business Week claims it’s cigarettes. Also accepted in jails! (Business Week)
– I appreciate that they’re discussing The Only Way Is Essex over at The Duchess Diaries, because I ALSO started watching it on Hulu and it has changed my life, teaching me — among other things — that there ARE English accents that I literally can not understand. (Socialite Life)
– Are you looking to cry your eyes out? Then I suggest you read this story from Sports Illustrated. It’s very tangentially about football, but mostly about a terrible murder and a very brave grandmother. Bring tissues. I am not kidding. (SI)