Oh, this is one juicy Royals Round-Up! I bring you SO MUCH polo, plus TIARAS! And bums! A VERY chic Letizia. And JOAN COLLINS. All that being said: Although Maxima and W-A are here in the US currently, they haven’t been well-covered by US media — Getty Images, our primary photo provider (and, by far, the largest one in the world) didn’t seem to send out a photographer, so I have very few shots of them, unfortunately. I’m bringing you what I’ve got, though, and they will be well covered in the links. I know some of you saw her/shook her hand/attended some of their events, so please give us the scoop in the comments!
A reminder: We’re appearing at the Printer’s Row Lit Fest tomorrow — Saturday –at 1pm, chatting with Elizabeth Fenner, Editor-in-Chief of Chicago Magazine. Tickets are required for all parts of the event, even the signing (contrary to earlier intel; we hugely apologize for any confusion) and they are $2. You can buy them here, although they may be sold out at this point: https://www.tribtix.com/e/printers-row-lit-fest-pass-event-go-fug/tickets That said: no-show seats become first-come, first-served, 15 minutes prior to the chat beginning, so if you find yourself in the area at 12:45 with some time to kill, pop on by and see what happens! We can’t wait to meet you!
- The Detroit Free Press has loads of snaps of W-A and Maxima in Grand Rapids; Maxima is obviously wearing A GIANT HAT.
- Order of Splendor has a great wrap-up of Maxima’s wardrobe, as well, including this batty spider pin she wore.
- And this is a great first-hand story about meeting her, at The Block Club, with great photos, and written by a Fug National!
- This is honestly one hell of a story: The Queen is not dead: How a ‘prank’ BBC tweet sparked alarm. (Macleans)
- “The greatest scandal in the history of the British Parliament had everything: sex, cash for honours, a feud within the Royal Family, and more – and all long before Jack Profumo, or Lord Levy or the Princess of Wales was born. In fact, its bicentenary is just a few days away.” (The Independent)
- Princess Charlotte’s christening date is set for July 5th, at Sandringham. (People)
- This story in People, about Kate and George’s recent Hyde Park outing, makes me laugh. “It looked like she was pretending to be a monster, flailing her arms about and chasing him.”
- British Vogue tries to pick a bride for Prince Harry. All suggestions will be familiar to Fug Nation.
- I didn’t get pictures of Prince Harry meeting Samuel L Jackson in my photo services this weekend, but he is INTO IT, and who wouldn’t be? (Vanity Fair)
- Princess Beatrice, Pierre Casiraghi, and Beatrice Borromeo all went to a VERY fancy wedding in Rome this week. Hello! has the pictures.
- A former RAF Valley chef talks about Wills and Harry. (The fact that Wills is “a bit of a lasagne man” pleases me, mostly because of a bit we have in The Royal We.) (The Daily Post)
- Bless Tatler, for rounding up some of the best tiaras that have appeared in their party coverage…EVER.
- Hello also has a piece about Sofia Hellqvist’s royal fashion inspirations.
- Prince Felix and Princess Claire of Luxembourg have released new family photos. (Hello!)
- This is an interesting piece in Politico about how Felipe (and Letitia) is improving the reputation of the Spanish royals.
- In case you’ve got a lot of cash rattling around: Rolls Royce used to sneak Wallis Simpson in and out of Balmoral Castle up for auction (Royal Central)
[Photos: Getty, Fame/Flynet]