ICYMI here on GFY this week:
- Wills and Kate and Harry went to Belgium for the World War I centenary.
- While they were there, they pointed at all matter of things.
- And then Tuesday, the three of them visited the Tower of London, which currently has a beautiful and moving World War I art installation.
Interesting and intriguing items elsewhere include:
- You’ve probably read that Prince William is taking on a full-time job as an air ambulance pilot beginning next year; the Telegraph has more details about what that will entail. He’s still going to be making public appearances, and he’s donating his entire salary to charity. I cannot understand people who think this is a negative. He’s highly trained to do this job, it will quite literally help people who need help very badly, and he’s not being paid for it at all. I suspect he wants to do something with his life that feels useful while he’s in what is basically a dynastic holding pattern: he’s not even going to be Prince of Wales for (at least, probably) ten years, everyone else in the royal family has signed off on it, let the man help save people whose legs have been torn off by rampaging boars (or whatever), for god’s sake.
- There are NO WORDS for how saddened I am that I could not get this photo of HARRY HOLDING A BABY WHILST WILLIAM HOLDS THE BABY’S HAND (AND WEARS THOSE PANTS) in an entirely legal manner before this post had to be published. I AM SORRY. I AM ON IT. But for now, I will have to simply link to it on Twitter. (The Daily Mail (I Know) has more.) IT WILL GIVE YOU LIFE.
- Dear Harry, when you’re trying to go incognito, maybe doing the robot in a hat with the Union Jack on it is NOT YOUR BEST PLAN. (Paper)
- As part of their (awesome) Best Dressed feature, Vanity Fair has put together a slide show of Kate’s best High/Low fashion, with her wedding dress being the most expensive (rightly) and her Zara necklace being least.
- Also in that issue of VF? Cressida, sans scrunchie. (And actually quite beautiful.)
- Royal Central has put together a list of noteworthy upcoming royal history books! Reading!
- Jewels! The Court Jeweller looks at Princess Anne’s jewels.
- And People talks to one of Kate’s favorite jewelry designers in advance of her trip to Malta next month. I do love jewelry.
- Tatler has put together a slide show of QE2 making faces ranging from “miffed” to “quite miffed” to livid and something about it is hilarious.
[Photos: Getty, AKM/GSI, Vantagenews.co.uk, Pacific Coast News, Splash, Fame/Flynet]