This week’s slideshow brings you both BABIES AND BOOZE. Two of my favorite things. Also: Loads of Prince Carl Phillip
Around the internet:
- InStyle brings you the MOST delightfully comprehensive Kate Middz Style Slide show. It truly does have everything.
- Look at this wack hat on Queen Mathilde, recently seen on Maxima and STILL INSANE. (Royal Hats)
- Tatler explains why we all want to be a Duchess. (Tatler is so so amusing to me. Ahem: “People will only care who you are sleeping with if they think the line of succession has been compromised, and often not even then, because it’s rude to wonder who a duchess has been sleeping with.” I spent an exorbitant amount on a subscription and it’s worth every single penny. Last month, there was an article about eccentric olden time Brits with exotic animals and it included — I AM NOT KIDDING — a photo of a LEMUR on a DECK CHAIR on a YACHT!)
- Maxima, bless her, is rewearing this dress that always makes me think she accidentally splashed through a mud puddle. (Royalista)
- Also at Royalista, look how cute Princess Estelle is, watching the European figure skating championships!
- People did a whole article on Cressida’s alleged transformation into “Hollywood It Girl.”
- Over at the BBC: Dark arts: Holbein and the court of Henry VIII
- Charles Spencer — Diana’s brother — has a new book out about Charles I/Charles II (well, it’s new in the US; it’s been out and selling very well in the UK for awhile, I believe) and he is really making the rounds talking about it. As one must. It does sound quite interesting. (Vanity Fair)
- Today is Felipe’s 47th birthday and Hello! of course is on the case.