We made it to the weekend, you guys! If you want to relieve the past couple of awards shows, here’s our wrap-up of the Emmys for The Cut, and the same for the VMAs. Phew! PS: Thanks to the Labor Day holiday here in the United States, regular posting will resume on TUESDAY, September 2nd, although we’ll have bits and pieces for you over the long weekend, as usual.
– The New York Times has a very interesting piece about fashion at the U.S Open. (On the players, not the spectators.) I like to watch tennis while I work, and was just thinking yesterday how crazy everyone looks at the Open compared to the classic tennis whites of Wimbledon. (I enjoy both, to be frank. I LOVE tennis outfits.)
– And InStyle brought us HOT DUDE TENNIS PLAYERS.
– You are going to love this story about Lizzy Caplan choosing her Donna Karan Emmys’ dress. (Elle)
– Look at this amazing carpet, made of 750,000 flowers, in Belgium! (Smithsonian)
– HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THE WIG ON CHER HOROWITZ in the new Brittany Murphy biopic. IT’S THE WORST. (Vulture)
– Here’s Kristen Stewart in Vanity Fair France. She looks really good, I have to say. (Lainey)
– These are awesome. Beer label-inspired manicures. And they are sincerely elegant. (Birchbox)
– Hungry? Here’s a (very interesting and educational) photo history of American school lunches. (Bon Appetit)
– Hello Kitty is not a cat? WTF?! SHE HAS CAT EARS. (Los Angeles Times)
– The Science of Us wonders why you can never smell your own home and now I’m paranoid.
– Pajiba says, Please Never Revive These 10 Quintessential ‘90s Shows
– This is funny: What Would The BuzzFeed Post About You Be Called?
– Something about this headline makes me laugh: Amal Alamuddin visited George Clooney on the set of his Nespresso commercial. I don’t know why. (Celebitchy)