Our new book, The Royal We, comes out on April 7th – less than two weeks from now — and we are so excited for everyone to get to read it at last (or, if you’ve read the free preview of the first seven chapters, to read the rest of it). To celebrate our impending book birthday, we’re delighted to be giving away three prize packs to Fug Nation. Let’s cut right to the chase. All three winners will receive:
- An autographed copy of The Royal We
- An adorable Harrods shopping bag, in its London Icons pattern. For toting your book AND your snacks, of course.
- A Union Jack/American flag lapel pin, as featured on the back of the book (and actually inside the book as well, which we promise is not a spoiler).
- Your own stash of Cracker Jack. (There is also a book-related reason for this. You’ll soon see.)
One grand prize winner gets all of the above, PLUS:
- A cheesy-fabulous mug commemorating Wills and Kate’s wedding. Click through to the slideshow to get a better look at it, and a bunch of these items, like the pin and a close-up of the pattern on the tote.
- A copy of Robe, which is, to quote our friends at the Royal Collection, “the fashion magazine the world has been waiting for, for the last 350 years, and your handy introduction to all that is best in seventeenth-century haute-couture.” One of the cover lines is “Face Patches: Dos and Dont’s.” It’s highly amusing.
- A posh glass tumbler from Windsor Castle. IT’S GILDED. Your toothbrush might want to live in something gilded, don’t you think? Or you can use it for your scotch while you stand on your balcony and think about all your loyal subjects and/or how to ruin people.
- A red Buckingham Palace pen, clearly what the Queen uses to write love notes to people… or her hate mail. We hope you use it for a bit of both.
And, the best part: This contest is open to everyone, regardless of where you live.
Finally, a reminder: If you live in NYC or D.C., we have a signing coming up in each town, and we’d love to see your fabulous faces. In New York we’re at Book Culture on Columbus on April 7, at 7 p.m.; in DC, we’re at Kramerbooks (which has a BAR) on April 9 at 6:30 p.m.
After the jump, there’s more info about the book, some of our lovely blurbs and reviews thus far — and all the info you could possibly need if you’d like to pre-order The Royal We and not have to worry about such pesky details as dates and days.
If you’d like to enter to win the book early, and get some of these extra treats, simply leave a comment letting us know who your favorite Royal personage is – Princess Anne! THE QUEEN! Harry! William! Kate! Princess Michael of Kent (you’re really into cat portraiture)! Crown Princess Mary (you don’t have to swing British)! Henry VIII (you can pick someone who’s dead)! The contest ends on Tuesday, March 31st at 9pm PST, and the winners will be picked at random. Good luck, and happy reading.