I’d like to thank such a larger percentage of the attendees of this event for choosing a pattern. It’s so cheerful!
Author Archives: Jessica
I randomly heard Miranda Lambert on the radio this past week — not one of her songs; her, specifically. She called in to talk to Seacrest about something — and I was reminded that I find her very likeable and I am preemptively on her side if things go pear-shaped with her and Blake. Which, by the way, I don’t want to happen. But if it DOES, I feel like her Break-Up Album will be GREAT.
Weekend two of Coachella was a total snooze compared to weekend one. I like to think it’s because everyone decided they wanted to stay home and go to the Festival of Books. That said…Kylie Jenner assures her Fug Madness Qualification Score at this particular event. It’s like she saw what Kendell did last year and decided, IT’S ON.
First! A reminder that we are going to be at the Los Angeles Festival of Books on Sunday. Our panel is called Fiction: Famous By Association, with a signing to follow. The panel will be in Salvatori Computer Science Center 101, on the USC campus. It’s moderated by Heather Havrilesky, and the other panelists are Christopher Noxon and Shanna Mahin. Come out and say hello!
Second! This is the part where I remind you that our new adult novel, The Royal We, is out and about and available and just waiting for you to read it! We were a People‘s pick last week! iBooks just called us irreverent, hilarious, and charming and named us one of their books of the week! All ebook versions are currently on sale for $9.99! (That links to Amazon, but it should be on sale elsewhere, too; I’m going to pop up a post with proper links to everything as soon as I get a moment.) Exclamation points! (And if you’re not the US or Canada, our friends at the Book Depository, which ships free internationally, are back in stock.) Happy reading! (And spread the word.)
– This ban on British chocolate imports is UNTENABLE. (Vanity Fair)
– This. Is. Awesome. Over at Jezebel: Fact: The Wacky Fashions of ’80s Romance Novels Are the Greatest Thing
– Aw, Pacey brought Diane Kruger flowers at the airport. (Lainey)
– Sigh. I love vintage travel ads. (Travel and Leisure)
– Speaking of travel, I love these sorts of lists. Smithsonian put together a list of the 20 Best Small Towns to Visit. I’ve done two!
– And look at these great vintage covers of Beverly Cleary books! (That was the version of Ramona and Her Father that I had, myself.) (Flavorwire)
– The great Minnesotan Umlat War is THE BEST. (New York Times)
– Also at the NYT, this is a great story about books, libraries, nature, and love.
– I admit to strongly enjoying the trailer for the new Star Wars movie. I love you forever, Han Solo! (Pajiba)
– This was funny: Watch Wine Experts Taste Pop Culture Wines (video, obviously) (Cosmo)
– Here’s your weekly Cumberbatch! (Celebitchy)
– At Vulture: Tilda Swinton Wrote a Poem for Amy Schumer
– Elle wonders, Is Amal Clooney New York’s New Carolyn Bessette?